Xo7 Replacement to be held in UK around the end of this year.

To be held "before Christmas"

Following the news that this year's X0 event has been cancelled, a Microsoft spokesperson has told GamesIndustry.biz that the UK will get its own Xbox 360 event instead.

"X07 is not going ahead," the spokesperson confirmed.

"We're looking at doing something here in the UK. It will be from a UK point of view, not from a European point of view."

According to the spokesperson, the timing for the new UK event is "still to be confirmed". However, he did state that it is set to take place "before Christmas".

News of the X07 cancellation emerged yesterday in a Squad XP podcast. Xbox executive Aaron Greenberg stated, "There is not a real X07 this year, but I think that we will figure out some way to talk about 2008 some time at a different event or a different type of programme."

Microsoft has so far declined to comment on why the decision was taken to cancel X07.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26874
Alot has changed this year. Back in April 07 MS established a forward base in Reading UK to be more closer to thier European Arm. This event will be spearheaded by that arm.
Last year MGS did not have such a prescense in Europe. They were ferrying Execs across the USA and to UK in order to meet with thier UK studios. Not anymore. ANd there is certainly no reason for a X0 event anymore now that a UK base of Operations is established.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24767

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info!

Would you happen to know the status of the 360 IPTV implementation that was shown off a while back?

Thanks for the info!

Would you happen to know the status of the 360 IPTV implementation that was shown off a while back?

Status: MS is currently working with network providers such as AT&T, Dish Network, DirectTV & Comcast to offer it in as many homes as possible. This takes time however. MS has to formulate contractual agreements. And alot of other things associated with the service.

i need some research on IPTV, its UK channels (when it is coming), whether HDCP is needed or not (not from what i heard), whether i still need to pay TV licence :)lol:)
and so on.

Back