[XBL] 1 vs 100

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Now that the beta is going on in Canada. Anybody try it out? What's your thoughts?

Here's some videos to help explain it to those that haven't checked it out yet..

Official Trailer

Official Canada Beta Trailer

Tommy McClain

I haven't tried it... it's only at certain times? I'm not much of a gameshow person :p

I haven't tried it... it's only at certain times? I'm not much of a gameshow person :p

Yeah, the Beta is currently live in Canada on Friday & Saturday nights. But I saw just a few YouTube videos that had a comment say the next episode will be on Tuesday night @ 11pm EDT. However, supposedly when it's not live, you can still play it for practicing.

Check this 10min video out from last night...

Tommy McClain

I have one friend who tried to get on last night and he said the server was getting hammered & he couldn't even get in the lobby. He also said the next live game is Tuesday May 12. The icon for it is in the Spotlight Channel. Originally there was suppose to be a Primetime Channel. Maybe they've decided to wait to add that when it's out of beta. Also, while in Beta, the prizes are not real. :(

Tommy McClain

doh! Yeah, I saw the date when I went to check it just now. Guess I'll have to wait until then to see it.

Check this 10min video out from last night...
Looks quite good, with good use of the new avatars. But the naming of the answers really bugged me! Answer 'A' should be the left-most answer. The options should be A, B, and C. X, A, B just sounds wrong. Couldn't they have gone with colours, Blue, Green and Red answers?

Looks quite good, with good use of the new avatars. But the naming of the answers really bugged me! Answer 'A' should be the left-most answer. The options should be A, B, and C. X, A, B just sounds wrong. Couldn't they have gone with colours, Blue, Green and Red answers?

They went with the face buttons & their locations on the controller(X A B). At first look I had the same problem. But got used to it after awhile. However, still think using the lady's canned responses for every question is low-budget. I would have preferred the actual live host to be talking, but he's only used in the segways. That's a pity.

Tommy McClain

wow thank for the update... this is quite an adventurous endeavor.

This could be the big break through with online social gaming if it gets worked out.

What is social about it?

you can't be serious or are you just trying to be the contrarian to my posts?

you are playing with or observing many, many people and with Xbox Live parties you can have 8 friends that you are in a room with while playing the game. It's like watching and/or participating in a tv game show with your friends from all over but in your living room.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can't be serious or are you just trying to be the contrarian to my posts?

Yes I am, no need to fly off the hook with accusations.

you are playing with or observing many, many people and with Xbox Live parties you can have 8 friends that you are in a room with while playing the game. It's like watching and/or participating in a tv game show with your friends from all over but in your living room.

As I understand the real game, one contestant answers questions based on 100 people's votes. So I assumed it worked this way on Live. What you explained only confuses me more (how can eight people play on one 360?). Unfortunately I cannot watch youtube from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand the real game, one contestant answers questions based on 100 people's votes. So I assumed it worked this way on Live. What you explained only confuses me more (how can eight people play on one 360?). Unfortunately I cannot watch youtube from work.

He said it was like the 8 people in your party were akin to having 8 people in your living room watching and participating in some game show. There is also a crowd tier in which the majority of people will be a part.

e.g. 8 people at your house watching who wants to be a millionaire. And in a mythical time and space you could participate from home.

1v100: 8 people in an XBL party participating and chatting in a fairly casual and "mainstream" type of genre.

Hope that made sense. :)

So the eight people decide how to cast one vote in an online match?

you play solo or you can have up to 8 people in an online party and each is connected to the game individually but they are also able to chat with each other (as if in a room) they then can be free to play or observe the game/show on their own or as a group.

What? So is the game made up of 100 real people plus X number of real people in the audience plus 1 real player?

Or is the total number of real people capped at 8?

And yes, I watched the video.

Thanks, Tap.

That sounds pretty awesome. But the FAQ didn't answer a few questions I have.. like how long is an 'episode' when are these 'episodes' and how long is a 'season'?

Are they going to air different 'episodes' for the different time zones? Would that mean that theoretically East coast people could play multiple times while west coast people (assuming a 9-5 work schedule) would only get to play once?

The concept seems really cool, I'm just wondering how it will work.

And yes, you confused the hell out of me with the '8' people thing.

good questions...

I thought this was interesting too

Where do I set my 1 vs 100 privacy setting?
When you first enter the 1 vs 100 LIVE lobby, you will be presented with the choice between “Public” and “Private” settings. Subsequently, you can check or change the privacy setting by opening the Options menu while in the lobby.
What does privacy setting “Public” mean?
For players with adult Xbox LIVE accounts, setting Privacy to “Public” makes them eligible to be The One, in the Mob, or in the Crowd. It also makes them eligible to win prizes (if they meet the eligibility requirements) and to receive callouts from the host.
For players with child Xbox LIVE accounts, setting Privacy to “Public” makes them eligible to be in the Mob or the Crowd. Child accounts are not eligible to win prizes or receive callouts from the host.

What does privacy setting “Private” mean?
Setting Privacy to “Private” makes players eligible only to play in the Crowd. It also makes them ineligible to win prizes and to receive callouts from the host.
also this

What is 1 vs 100 Extended Play?
1 vs 100 Extended Play is a different 1 vs 100 experience, available through Xbox LIVE, with two episodes an hour at regularly scheduled times.
In ExtendedPlay there is no One and no Crowd--all players appear in a single Mob. Everyone who joins the game is seated in the same Mob, which is scalable well past one hundred players (it could be made up of thousands and thousands of players).

like how long is an 'episode' when are these 'episodes'

If the beta is an indication, it is at set times and for a couple hours (or less?), similar to TV game shows. There will be dashboard reminders. As for how long a season is... don't know.

Are they going to air different 'episodes' for the different time zones? Would that mean that theoretically East coast people could play multiple times while west coast people (assuming a 9-5 work schedule) would only get to play once?
It will be regional (NA/EU), though they could break it down further by country. IIRC, you won't be playing across the regions, though I can imagine a special event for such. The problem, of course, will be the timing. :p

Back