X800 - the XT & XT PE are different cards

The Baron said:
Apparently, if Dig says something enough, people start to believe it...
Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron. Now you know that's not true and not the case here Baron.

I just find it funny, that's all. :)

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Some websites have the GeForce 6800 and 6800 Ultra up for pre-order now, expected to ship in about a week. Alienware may have a 28-day waiting period because of receiving too many orders already, or they may be working around some heat/power supply issues.

whql said:
http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_Pages/area-51.aspx?SysCode=PC-AREA51&SubCode=SKU-EXTREME

X800 XT Platinum Edition available now
6800 Ultra - Available in 28 days

Damn, those yields on R420 must be so bad they beat NVIDIA to the punch again! :LOL:

I love how their X800 pro is $31 less than the 5950. They also want $160 more for the 6800 over the x800xt.

Chalnoth said:
Alienware may have a 28-day waiting period because of receiving too many orders already, or they may be working around some heat/power supply issues.

28 day waiting period? Too many orders? Working around heat/power supply issues? :rolleyes:

Chalnoth said:
Some websites have the GeForce 6800 and 6800 Ultra up for pre-order now, expected to ship in about a week. Alienware may have a 28-day waiting period because of receiving too many orders already, or they may be working around some heat/power supply issues.

This is beginning to look like another launch.......

It's a good card, if they can actually get it to market in a reasonable timeframe.

muzz said:
Chalnoth said:

This is beginning to look like another launch.......

It's a good card, if they can actually get it to market in a reasonable timeframe.

I agree 100% that it is a great card in fact, but it gets so tiresome seeing some who look for any excuse they can to support their bias towards one company. At the end of the day, BOTH nV and ATI have compelling hardware with compelling features, so why do we have this constant battle?

Get over yourselves people and realize for once that the issues that you spend the majority of your waking hours "defending" or "apologizing" for are just not that important in the overall scheme of things. When you compare this upcoming generation of 3D capabilities to that of the previous, you would be a fool to not just sit back and enjoy the BEST of what each card is bringing to the market.

So good it requires two launches? :LOL:
Once because they are proud they actualy have a few working chips and another, several months down the line, when they are actually ready to sell a few? :rolleyes: :LOL:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20040530115849.html

Bad news/good news. The good: ". . .the company still managed to deliver a batch of $499 graphics cards to producers of high-end personal computers for gamers as well as some GeForce 6800 Ultra products into the retail market."

Has anyone seen any evidence of Joe Average Enthusiast with an NV40? I haven't. Seen people with X800 Pro tho.

BB you know why there has to be a constant battle bro.

It's called fanboyism at it's finest.

Like the Yanks vs the Sox....
May the Sox FINALLY win!!

I'd love to see the Sox and Cubs in the WS...
We don't have Bill Buckner at 1st base anymore.... :D

Sorry for the OT

muzz said:
BB you know why there has to be a constant battle bro.

It's called fanboyism at it's finest.

Actually, I do know why, but I am leaning towards less and less acceptance of this kind of behavior. I am finding less and less of the informative threads and more and more of the "mine's better"..."no it's not"..."you're a fanboy"....."no I'm not", type of threads that simply are a huge waste of not only time, but server space.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am frustrated by the over-abundance of useless and redundant chatter that has permeated the 3D hardware sites. It also is disappointing that so many people prefer to maintain subjective attitudes regarding nV and ATI instead of revelling in the fact that they have BOTH produced hardware capable of rendering things which were almost unimaginable just a couple of years ago. Instead of arguing incessantly about the benefits of this feature or why Brand X did not include this feature, why not use the "glass half full" approach and discuss the great things that both these cards are capable of. Or, is it like the network news where only bad news or controversy sells? If so, that is sad because for most of us, 3D graphics hardware represents a hobby that is for enjoyment and play. I sure wish more of us would look at it that way because I see enough bad news and controversy whenever I turn on the radio or television....

digitalwanderer said:
So far I've heard of 10 6800s sold in Japan, but I haven't really had it confirmed yet.

but remember the time zone difference, maybe it's mid-July over there by now ;)

digitalwanderer said:
So far I've heard of 10 6800s sold in Japan, but I haven't really had it confirmed yet.

Given the rarefied air we're talking about, and the well-known proclivities of the gaming community, I have to believe that if as many as 10 6800s were in the hands of Joe A. Enthusiast in the U.S. that at least one of those proud owners would have shown up at NVNews to perform his Victory Dance and receive the adulation of the masses.

Well BB I'm getting better at it myself, but I still get pizzed sometimes when the same jokers spout the same useless ( and mostly wrong!!) drivel over and over again.
I have spoken up and been hammered pretty hard by 4-5 fans at a time.
They don't like it when ya fight back ya know.
I have been trying to just laugh, and quiz them on their brilliance( brilliance is hard to show when one is blinded by fanboyism), but sometimes I allow myself to get sucked into a stupid argument.
I am a work in progress.. :LOL:
The effort is there though. :)

Back