X800 - the XT & XT PE are different cards

Would it have been kinda obvious there would be something inbetween X800 PRO and X800 Platinum Edition?

DaveBaumann said:
Would it have been kinda obvious there would be something inbetween X800 PRO and X800 Platinum Edition?

Yes in term of cards, not really if you consider actual prices on the market as X800 pro is often priced as should be that X800XT.

DaveBaumann said:
Depends how you interpreted all the "There is no standard XT" comments back at launch day.

I seriously don't know what Inq is going on about. But Sapphire as well as ASUS list their X800 XT as 520MHz core clock, and 1.12GHz(560MHz DDR) memory clock for their XT. Which means X800XT = X800XT PE.

Anyone has idea on will nVIDIA use 1.6ns or 2ns RAM for the 6800Ultra? I've seen both configurations on the review boards. If nVIDIA finally needs to adopt 1.6ns modules, that explains the presence of X800XT which will be clocked around 500/500 ---neither of the company has enough 1.6ns RAMs.

Fodder said:
Depends how you interpreted all the "There is no standard XT" comments back at launch day.

I've never heard such messages, but then I may have been talking to different people.

Something should be considered is that the PCIe naming scheme of "X880" is only rumoured, nothing official has been said on such a name. You may also like to consider what lowered clocks will do for power.

ATI clearly said me that there won't be any XT in retail (only the XT PE). I hope that they didn't lie on this...

Tridam said:
ATI clearly said me that there won't be any XT in retail (only the XT PE). I hope that they didn't lie on this...

That should be true, unless The INQ is more credible than ATI.
________
VAPOR

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveBaumann said:

Actually, no.

Not unless the Pro MSRP drops to $299 or the XT PE MSRP goes up to $599.

Doesn't make much sense to me at all to have three cards within $100 of each other at the high end.

Now, if the XT is a system integrator part only, that would make sense. I could definitely see the Dells of this world offering the X800 XT as an option in their rigs (rather than an XT PE).

Joe DeFuria said:
DaveBaumann said:

Actually, no.

Not unless the Pro MSRP drops to $299 or the XT PE MSRP goes up to $599.

Doesn't make much sense to me at all to have three cards within $100 of each other at the high end.

Now, if the XT is a system integrator part only, that would make sense. I could definitely see the Dells of this world offering the X800 XT as an option in their rigs (rather than an XT PE).

The OEM thingy make sense.
________
Toyota kd engine history

Last edited by a moderator:
Tridam said:

From what I understood there will be a lower clocked XT non-PE meant for system builders like DELL and such.

Sorta like DELL had the 9700 TX you know.

Reading with Wavey's comments, it sounds to me like there is going to be some effort for a stock XT that doesn't even require a molex (for PCI-e)...? Could this perhaps be very appealing to OEMs?

Hmm...would the 6800 GT fit within those power requirements? There might be a different field of competition for PCI-e cards with cost savings for no molex that the PCI-e X800 XT might be aiming for...if true, what from nVidia will it be competing against in that space? Looks like it should be a pretty lucrative segment if OEMs really do find it appealing.

*whistles* oh Radeon 9700TX...

Thunderbird said:
At the right price this would certainly be a better option then risking modding an x800 pro to XT.

My sources indicate that attempting to apply this mod to retail X800 Pro cards will destroy the card...

Big Bertha EA said:
Thunderbird said:
At the right price this would certainly be a better option then risking modding an x800 pro to XT.

My sources indicate that attempting to apply this mod to retail X800 Pro cards will destroy the card...
"retail" as opposed to ...? My card is a retail Sapphire (full retail box) - is that what you mean?

Big Bertha EA said:
Thunderbird said:

AFAIK these mods have been practiced on retail board so I would say your info is flawed

Ante P said:
Big Bertha EA said:

AFAIK these mods have been practiced on retail board so I would say your info is flawed

My info comes DIRECTLY from ATI. When the retail boards start populating store shelves, I think you will likely find that my info is correct. Pretty much all I can say about it at this time. Guess we will find out for sure soon enough....

Back