X300SE or 7300LE?

New User

Newcomer
I would like a new video card but I have a budget of $50 what is the best card I can get for this amount? I have looked at the X300SE and the 7300LE. What is thebetter card of the two?
I have also heard of the 7100 but am not sure what the difference is between that and the 7300.

Both cards make jesus cry. I would advise mowing some lawns or something and get some extra cash for a slightly better model :)

I would like a new video card but I have a budget of $50 what is the best card I can get for this amount? I have looked at the X300SE and the 7300LE. What is thebetter card of the two?
I have also heard of the 7100 but am not sure what the difference is between that and the 7300.
The 7300LE is the faster card but ill look for you for a better card around the $50 range thats better.

EDIT
Theres a X1300PRO at newegg referb area for $58.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127193R

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the 1300Pro would be faster than the 7300LE for sure. If you could get an un-castrated 7300 for a similar cost, then it would probably be slightly faster than the 1300 in my experience with the 1300/7300 options on my Dell laptop.

Still, I have to agree with the posters above and say :cry: :oops: :cry:

Cards at this level are pretty abysmal... Although I suppose I can't complain too loudly, as my 7300 Mobility on my Core Duo-powered Dell was able to play Prey at reasonable settings (800x600, details around medium, no AA or AF)

I am currently using a 6150le for video so anything would be a big stepup for me. I was checking newegg and they have a few fanless 7300LE cards. I will probably get that unless there is going to be something better soon for $50.

wow, it seems like the x1300pro would be a lot faster for that $9 more. If you really can't afford it, I'd iterate what others have said: ebay! Ebay usually has good cards for cheap prices, only a year or so old, just make SURE you buy from a reputable seller and try not to pay more than 60% of the retail price. :) but a new x1300pro for $59 is not bad at all!

I was looking at the x1300 but am not sure ifati has good drivers now or not. The last ati card I had was a radeon8500.

Back