X1800/7800gt AA comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt, pay attention to Rys, he is correct in the general sense - you need to move on or move out.

Fred, we get the point, let it slide in this thread now please.

I think it would be really useful if we split this thread. It started getting pointless, then there were some juicy bits added regarding this new memory optimization. Then it got crappy again (though I have to admit I added to the crap a bit).

There really seem to be rather distinct topics rolled up in here.

Well, it's somewhat hard to get those things started up again, but I don't see why you couldn't start a new thread with a quote from and link to the original post from sireric describing the impact of the memory controller optimizations. I'm just too lazy to do it right now.

fallguy said:
The real difference is in the AF to me. ATi's AF looks MUCH better, in those screenies from the [H] review. Its not even close.

Um, was this related to the tweak or is it just a comment to the newest hardware?

Next thing we know.. there will be programmable aniso in the works...

Jawed said:
Do you have any concept of the limit on the number of triangles in a batch in NVidia GPUs? Do the triangles have to have the same normal?
It's on the order of 20 of triangles per shader pipe. The triangle normal is irrelevent.

Yeah, depending upon the triangle normal being the same would also be pretty stupid, as you'd only get at most two triangles to have the same normal in the majority of situations.

Chalnoth said:
Well, it's somewhat hard to get those things started up again, but I don't see why you couldn't start a new thread with a quote from and link to the original post from sireric describing the impact of the memory controller optimizations. I'm just too lazy to do it right now.

Here: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=597381#post597381

If anyone doesn't like my formatting, they can. . .err, preferably not mention it. :p

There's a new thread for discussion on the main topic of this thread here.

Create a new one for pixel batch discussion if needed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back