X-Box cracked!

notAFanB said:
london-boy said:
every disc based console has been victim of piracy. it's inevitable, all we clever people can do about it is not support it.

unfortunately I happen to like mods, being almost play nothing apart from imports. (SH3 was an exception).

yeah but we all know that there are people who mod to play original imports, and those who mod to play pirate games......
OF COURSE i have nothing against original import games. its the pirates that really piss me off

london-boy said:
notAFanB said:
london-boy said:
every disc based console has been victim of piracy. it's inevitable, all we clever people can do about it is not support it.

unfortunately I happen to like mods, being almost play nothing apart from imports. (SH3 was an exception).

yeah but we all know that there are people who mod to play original imports, and those who mod to play pirate games......
OF COURSE i have nothing against original import games. its the pirates that really piss me off

after awhile I realised I don't have time to played 60+ titles (cheap or not). to be honest limiting yourself to titles you have tried doesn't strain your budget so much you get so much more out of them (let's face it import in the UK aren't exactly cheap u know).

more than anything I guess casual piracy really does dilute the amount of quality play time for me.

where in the UK r u? u know anywhere in London where i can get hold of imports?
i would only buy american imports, since there would be no point in buying japanese versions which i wouldnt understand...

london-boy said:
i would only buy american imports, since there would be no point in buying japanese versions which i wouldnt understand...

well some japanese imports are playable with files from gamefaqs :LOL:

I'm not in london right now (Hong Kong). you might want to try computer exchange, advance consoles, and gamestation. there all in yell but generally don;t do GC imports (Damn you NINTENDO!!!!).

I bet that broadband is cheap in Hong Kong? What are you hooked up with 100mbs fiber for 80 dollars a month?

God damn AMERICA WE NEED CHEAP 10+ MBS BROADBAND TOO.

heh while I don't know the exact figue (staying with a relative). I thnk 400Mbps at around $300-$350 a month (HKD).

notAFanB said:
heh while I don't know the exact figue (staying with a relative). I thnk 400Mbps at around $300-$350 a month (HKD).

I will subscribe immediatly if it is really that cheap, I think you are joking with the 400Mbps figure.

Average ADSL with nominal down/up 3Mbps/256Kbps (or 512Kbps) would be around HK$150 from most ISPs.

ADSL 6Mbps/640Kbps lines are HK$2xx.

One non-ADSL ISP claimed to be nominal 10Mbps/10Mbps is around HK$1xx.

A cable operator is also providing 10Mbps shared at the port, but the effective bandwidth varies a lot. Also around HK$200.

notAFanB said:
london-boy said:

well some japanese imports are playable with files from gamefaqs :LOL:

I'm not in london right now (Hong Kong). you might want to try computer exchange, advance consoles, and gamestation. there all in yell but generally don;t do GC imports (Damn you NINTENDO!!!!).

For Japanese GC imports, you can try hmv.co.jp, the direct link to the GC games page is http://www.hmv.co.jp/fe/detail.asp?featurecode=301090002

The site can switch to English interface, but the menu bar does not have games in English mode.

whoops, like I said I'm not the one paying maybe he meant per week?

in anycase it beats my home conn of 30GB sterling by a long shot.

notAFanB said:

Do you have addresses for these places? I'm going to London this summer and would like to visit some good console gaming shops...

*G*

here you go:

Computer Exchange (Console division)
32, Rathbone Place
London
W1T 1JJ

Tel: 020 7692 1213

Computer Exchange (PC and other)
70, Tottenham Court Rd
London
W1T 2HB

Tel: 020 7419 2588

don't have the address for advanced console (might have changed their name) it's in Carnaby street just ask around.

notAFanB said:
here you go:

don't have the address for advanced console (might have changed their name) it's in Carnaby street just ask around.

THANKS mate, cheers! :D *copies and pastes like madman*

Londonboy, do you have any haunts you like to visit and would recommend to a foreigner?

*G*

Back