WSJ: Getting Xbox 360 to Market

scooby_dooby said:
a couple? According to Moore they've booked every single 747 they can get their hands on. Probably just for launch though

I bet if Mr. Gates transferred a few million to Bush's bank account they could use Air Force One.

jvd said:
we were told after launch shipments every month .

Popular theory is that the japanese and european units are already stock piled and sailing to thier destinations and we have one factory supplying the usa and the other japan / europe .

We've been getting units in (one or two at a time) since the end of october

So how many employee's say "Hey, that one is mine anyway, might as well take it home now then let it sit around the store" :p

Powderkeg said:
I bet if Mr. Gates transferred a few million to Bush's bank account they could use Air Force One.

you mean cheney.

OT: did anyone watch Jon Stewart last night? Man he made a fool out of Dick Chaney, hilarious stuff....ok back on topic

Powderkeg said:

Screw that, just hollow out a 747 and you have better storage capacity. Imagine the red tape you'd have to go through if they went that route (Air force 1)! :oops:

Synergy34 said:
So how many employee's say "Hey, that one is mine anyway, might as well take it home now then let it sit around the store" :p
\

None , we can't ring them up till they are active in the system .

We do have an opened one in the back that we have been playing games on .

What sucks is that i leave sunday at 5am and my little neibor (well she is 21 now ) has to pick mine up .

Its not fair !

drpepper said:
Screw that, just hollow out a 747 and you have better storage capacity. Imagine the red tape you'd have to go through if they went that route (Air force 1)! :oops:

Actually the best idea would be to bribe Bush into allowing MS to borrow a couple of C5 Galaxy cargo planes for a few days. They'll hold more than some tiny 747.

Don't know, but I just got back from Gamestop with my extra controller, battery pack, plug and charge kit, and 4 games. I asked how many systems they were getting in and they said only 14.

Good thing I'm #11 on the list.

If that is indicative of launch day I would expect Ebay prices to soar, but if MS can keep a steady supply flowing in then the demand would drop very quickly.

More data:

Many Xbox 360 parts are the result of work by multiple suppliers. For example the graphics and memory controller (also known as the northbridge) is designed by ATI in Canada.

However all actual manufacturing is handled in Taiwan, starting with Phoenix Precision Technology, which is reported to be making the substrate, the basic material on which chips are built.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co then fabricates the chips. The company will turn out about 20,000 12-inch wafers, each packed with hundreds of chips, during the fourth quarter.

Finally, the wafers are trucked a short distance to Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. ASE separates the chips, packages them in a form suitable for mounting on a printed circuit board, and tests them, before sending them on to Wistron or other contract manufacturers.

http://www.computing.co.uk/vnunet/news/2146351/xbox-360-builders-reap-rewards

According to the Money Programme about XB360 that was shown on UK TV a few weeks back, the XB360s on the ship are going to be late for launch (manufactured late, I think), so they've lined up planes to get XB360s into European stores for launch, then, presumably, the ships will make up the second wave, whenever that is, after Christmas presumably.

Jawed

Back