World of Tanks [X360]

This is kind of interesting. I played WoT on the PC while it was in beta. It's now a free-to-play game and apparently has been quite successful. It was fun, but ultimately the long grind to get better tanks was a turn off. Not sure how this will be received by console gamers.

Hey for free I'm willing to try it out. :) Already signed up for the beta.

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I'll try it too because I freakin love tank warfare. You start off with crap tanks though, so it's kinda rough at first.

Battlezone for PC(FPS/RTS game) is of one my Top 10 games of all time. Loved the tank play. I also liked BattleTanx on N64. It was a great 4-player game. It will be interesting to see how WoT works on 360.

Tommy McClain

Makes me sad I can't nuke XB360 players with my Object 268
Smile_sad.gif

shot_038.jpg

Why wait for the beta when you can play on PC now
Smile-playing.gif

Why wait for the beta when you can play on PC now
Smile-playing.gif

For 1) I haven't played any PC games since before Xbox original & 2) I don't have a great PC or even one that runs Windows. And 3) I don't have a wired 360 controller. So, no way would I use a keyboard & mouse from my recliner while playing it from my TV. ;) The 360 was designed for gaming in that setting. I think I prefer it & will wait it out.

Tommy McClain

I reckon the relatively simple user interface of Tanks will work well on console controllers. The only question mark is over map-interaction, as there are a couple of mouse-click operations in the PC game: notifying your team and navigation of aim/view while using artillery.

Yeah, I'll try it too because I freakin love tank warfare. You start off with crap tanks though, so it's kinda rough at first.
It seems fun, although I have so many games on the X360 already and I am so eagerly awaiting for the Xbox One to come out that by learning a new game I could get bored or frustrated and turn the game off.

Since they brought this to the Xbox 360 I hope they bring League of Legends to Xbox One. :eek: That would be amazing.

I got a beta email from "Word of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition". :) Wished I could play, but I took on a temp 2nd job from home & I'll be too busy to play. :(

Tommy

mm... tried it for 5 minutes, didn't like it. :/

The UI was kinda clunky too, so I'd hope they'd fix that eventually.

Watching gameplay vids, information on screen is definitely hindered by having to deliver a "10 foot" UI.

Back