Woolfe: the RedHoold Diaries, from belgian developer GriN.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
The game is going to be released on consoles, and it looks really nice.

Woolfe_header_image.jpg

Woolfe_alpha_03.jpg

More pictures and an interview with the developers in the following link:

http://www.wpcentral.com/woolfe-xbox-one-developer-interview

After watching this video, I think I am going to buy it when it comes out.

Some of the DOF and blur is very off-putting and the texture assets look low quality. Gameplay seems meh...

Dunno. Looks like less interesting version of Trine.

Could be good, but for now, I am far from being blown away.

Hope it's more of a platformer than a tedious puzzler. I quite like the art though. It's basically a less saccharine version of Trine. For me that's a gigantic plus. Problem is that visuals cannot carry you very far in a genre that's all about controls and memorable gameplay. The times when a 2.5 platfomer could pretty much survive on visual merits alone have long since passed. Worked for Pandemonium on the Playstation. Didn't work for Puppeteer. Not going to work here either I'm afraid.

I just hope it has 3D stereostopic support, something that got a lot of prise with Trine, I think, iirc. Going from 2.5D to actual 3D is a big plus in a game like this, if it's well done.

The last side scrolling game I enjoyed a LOT was BloodRayne: Betrayal on the Xbox 360, about a vampire girl who kicks so much ass and it was both challenging and fun.

I thought Betrayal wasn't challenging. It was downright cruel. The ranking system was particularly infuriating: "you beat the level, you didn't even die, so henceforth you shall be called Wormfood!"
I tip my hat to anyone who managed to S-rank that bitch.

I thought Betrayal wasn't challenging. It was downright cruel. The ranking system was particularly infuriating: "you beat the level, you didn't even die, so henceforth you shall be called Wormfood!"
I tip my hat to anyone who managed to S-rank that bitch.
Well... I didn't, I kid you not. I found it fun because it was challenging but I like challenging games that aren't unfair. It was never my intention to beat the game without dying, but I understand what you mean.

I think that what got me going when it was so challenging is that I liked the main character and wanted to complete the game.

Back