Wistron likely to discontinue production of Xbox 360

homy

Banned
Wistron is likely to gradually discontinue the production of Xbox 360 games consoles for Microsoft in 2008, partly due to declining profits on production of the consoles and partly on market reports stating that Microsoft has added Celistica to the list of its suppliers, according to a March 26 Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) report.

The phase-out of Xbox 360 orders would not have significant impact on Wistron's revenues since the production of the games console currently accounts for about 10% of Wistron's total revenues, the paper said, citing analysts at Taiwan securities houses. Wistron is expected to record revenues of NT$280 billion (US$8.5 billion) in 2007, with a new EPS (earnings per share) of NT$5.45, the paper indicated.
http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070326PB205.html

Welcome to capitalism, where loyalty is at the bottom of business decisions.

I am sure it will pass as if it never happened. No one will notice. Who cares? I am sure enough 360s will continue to be produced to satisfy everyone

One supplier takes over from whrre the previous left off.

Where's the news?

I remember the exact thing making the rounds on the web with the original box too. Just 2 different company names is alkl.
Peace.

Back