Winflash and Vista X64

AlexV

Heteroscedasticitate
Veteran
Anybody have any idea how to make this combo work?I`ve tried everything, and it simply says that an acpi kernel mode driver is uninstalled...which may make sense, if I hadn`t disabled driver signature enforcement and UAC before installing/trying to use the darned thing. I`m trying this with Winflash 2.20 which should be theoretically Vista compatible...and I`ve also tried to use older versions, with no luck.

I know, I know, I`m a pussy, a real man shoudl do bios updates only from Dos, but I`m lazy and don`t have a floppy drive at hand.

Anybody have any idea how to make this combo work?I`ve tried everything, and it simply says that an acpi kernel mode driver is uninstalled...which may make sense, if I hadn`t disabled driver signature enforcement and UAC before installing/trying to use the darned thing. I`m trying this with Winflash 2.20 which should be theoretically Vista compatible...and I`ve also tried to use older versions, with no luck.

I know, I know, I`m a pussy, a real man shoudl do bios updates only from Dos, but I`m lazy and don`t have a floppy drive at hand.

You can disable driver signing on an x64 system, but it only takes effect for non-kernel drivers. Since the (unsigned) driver you need is a kernel driver, it will never go in on a Vista x64 platform.

Damn...thanx for the info by the way. So I`d surmise that no workaround/working winflash version exists, right?

Depending on mobo, cant you just stuff the bios on a usb/mem-stick and then boot up, go into bios and upgrade from bios ?

On my Asus P5E-Plus i did it that way and it took less than 5-10 minutes to upgrade.

Damn...thanx for the info by the way. So I`d surmise that no workaround/working winflash version exists, right?

Not that I'm aware of, but I may not be fully up to speed on any recent events. :) Bootable USB works pretty good as described above; give that any thought perhaps?

I don`t eat fast-food...that`s probably why I don`t have one :D. Well, I was going to eventually get one, and having a good safe method of alternate booting is as good a reason as any. Thanks for your time:)

Back