Windows 10 [2018]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by rcf, Jan 10, 2018.

1. zed

zed
    Veteran

WTF does windows do this, its been bugging me for ages

search for a file eg "fileX"
    10 minutes later, searched the harddisk it returns the results ~100 files, with name,date,location info etc
    great but say I wanna reorder them by date, it researches the whole harddisk again.
    WTF you just found them all, I just want you to reorder them so I can see what's the one I want, why do you spend another X minutes researching the disk looking for the stuff you have already found

2. hoom

Veteran

Indexing.
    Indexed locations reorder nice & quick (at least for me?), presumably because that stuff is in the index.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  3. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Killing explorer makes a bunch of my icons in the systray go AWOL, after nearly a quarter century of this same shit microsoft hasn't fixed that problem. Unbelievable.

4. Davros

Legend

5. zed

zed
    Veteran

Oh WOW thanks man, that program actually works, Its at least 100x quicker than what windows does.
    You've gotta wonder why Windows Explorer doesnt use the same method
    Very Minor bug, but anyone noticed this, its been like that for at least 6 months, The icon hilights at the wrong position
    [​IMG]