win98 to XP troubles. help!

Kill_Jade

Newcomer
i just bought a HP Win XP SP1 cd-rom so i can update from win98. but when i first run the compatability test an error pops up saying the option to upgrade is not available because the WIN9XUPG.DLL is missing. i dont understand how a file can be missing from an original disc.

unless there s something I can do it looks like ill just have to install it instead of upgrade. question is will i lose any of my stuff on my hardware? like my music, programs and such? any help would be appreciated.

whats illegal? i just need to know if the content on my HDD will be erased if i install(not upgrade since i cant) XP over 98.

silence said:
LOL..... ya, well, that would be fun i guess..... on e-bay? 8) :LOL: ;)
I don't think that is legal either. :?

Sorry, but I hate it when someone figures they can edit their post and then play dumb....not to mention this is illegal as shit!

I'm kind of shocked this thread ain't locked yet, so I'm taking that as a sign that the powers-that-be are officially leaving him in my hands to do with as I feel.

I like it when they leave stuff like this to my discretion, 'specially since I don't have any discretion! :LOL:

Back