Why is everone here anti-nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornman

Banned
if it isn't FUD its depressing nintendo bashing or they just berate a nintendo product. Its like everyone is afriad to support nintendo because they think everyone will call them a ****** and shun them.

Cornman,
this kind of thread doesn't belong in Beyond3d. You have already been warned by the mods to change your way of posting or else face a temp ban. Flame-baiting is not tolerated here...

Cornman said:
Why is everone here anti-nintendo

Everyone?

Cornman said:
if it isn't FUD its depressing nintendo bashing or they just berate a nintendo product. Its like everyone is afriad to support nintendo because they think everyone will call them a ****** and shun them.

Calm down. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all get bashed and praised here.

Anti-Nintendo? What are you talking about? I'm one of their biggest fans! Don't group everyone together with a few bad apples. This place is a lot better than the majority of forums on the internet. And stop taking this system wars bullsh*t so seriously.

The good thing with B3D is that you can criticize any company you wish and you'll most likely get logical posts back instead of a bunch of whining cry babies who can't handle other people's opinions, like a certain other forum that i won't mention.

This thread is the sad exception though.

It's not that this place is anti-Nintendo... it is just that this place is pro-Sony. :p

Really though, this place is a good place to discuss matters of technology and hopefully once all the systems get out and we find out exactly what each system is about this place can go back to being more... normal (if there is such a thing).

:)

The GameMaster said:
It's not that this place is anti-Nintendo... it is just that this place is pro-Sony. :p

Really though, this place is a good place to discuss matters of technology and hopefully once all the systems get out and we find out exactly what each system is about this place can go back to being more... normal (if there is such a thing).

:)

Nah i think its that Sony/Nvidia have still yet to release the full spec.s of there RSX so there are a lot of speculative threads at this point.

Because the people on this forums likes to comment the technical specs of the consoles and we cannot the technical specs of DS and Revolution.

I called you a Nintendo f@nboy when you first appeared with reasons that are nothing to do with anti-Nintendo feelings. It's when chumps turn up with polarized opinions and are here only to extol the virtues of a company or platform that gets my goat. If you like Nintendo, good for you. If every post you make says in one way or another 'Nintendo are the best' and you never enter into open discussions about what's good and bad about them, and where they have done well and done badly, you're presence here IMO is worthless (and there's other on this board I rate as low because of that polarized attitude on systems/companies other than Nintendo).

Take a look at the threads that have already passed on Nintendo's products. Look at the discussions on the Revolution's guessed hardware and the opinions on the controller. Lots of different takes, but all arguing from a point of view other than 'it's from this company, ergo it's rubbish.'

I don't think you'll find very many people here who have a negative opinion of a Nintendo product just because it's Nintendo (though there are definitely those who hate anything Sony because it's Sony!). Chances are someone who complains about the Rev controller say is complaining because they don't like the idea, and would complain as much if it were from MS or Sony or anyone else. A negative opinion of a company's product doesn't necessarily mean a bias against everything that company does. If you're only here to hear people say how wonderful your favourite conpany is without question, go find a Nintendo fan forum instead. If you want to ask about Nintendo's tech, what they're doing, how it works and what potential it has for gamers, along with opinions people will bring in on how it compares with other companies (and there's some people who'll always say such and such a company does everything better :rolleyes: ), stick around. ;)

Cornman said:

From what I have read on this forum, I don't agree with what you are saying.

I just think that the general population of this board will speak their minds and be critical without being bias.

In my opinion, that is a very good thing.

The GameMaster said:
Hehe, no, as someone who likes all three upcoming systems, I can honestly say I don't think so. Sony and MS seem pretty evenly balanced to me, Nintendo is behind but that's just a reflection of society as a whole, nothing in particular to this forum. If anything, I expect people here to be more positive than forum people in general. Just look at how juvernile the overall behavior is on pretty much any other console forum compared to this one.

If people are sceptical of Nintendo, it's likely because Nintendo hasn't exactly been straining themselves to make friends with their own fans. :)

find this place is just pro-new tech and Sony and Microsoft are trying to drive that forward and Nintendo are not.

site is called "beyond3d" after all, and while Nintendo continue with this backward stance on visuals they are not going to get alot of attention from here.

DSN2K said:
find this place is just pro-new tech and Sony and Microsoft are trying to drive that forward and Nintendo are not.

site is called "beyond3d" after all, and while Nintendo continue with this backward stance on visuals they are not going to get alot of attention from here.

o_O

Uhm not really. How can you say "Nintendo keep going backwards wrt technology?!" when we know very little about Revolution, and GCN was hardly a "step backward" by any standard.

There are a lot of threads that deal with tech aspects of Sony and MS's new machines simply because we know a lot more about those two than we do about Revolution.

If you look carefully, the only information about Revolution we had was that it will play ALL Nintendo games ever released and the new "revolutionary" controller. BOTH ideas/threads were a huge success on this forum and were welcomed by many people.

Obviously as more information filters through, there will be more discussions about Nintendo. As of now, we can only discuss about - *YAWN* - how Cell compares to apples and how Xenos stacks up with giraffes.

Obviously there will always be bashing on internet forums, people just haven't learned how to deal with it. Seen how there are (numerically) more Sony buyers, it is expected that they will be in higher number, on average. Then if you think that this is a very PC-centric site, it is normal to expect that there will be a lot of Xbox fans, for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure what the point in opening a thread about this was in all honesty.

Well, I'm a big Nintendo fan, so....

and I know I'm not the only one.

Cornman I think your thread's off the mark.

I'm pro Nintendo, especially since the revolution was annouced.

The thing is though, on this forum you can't say anything about any console, without somone else disagreeing with you. Some people are a bit too zealous in attacking or defending a console, but there are people on all sides of the debate like this so it's sort of balanced out.

I would think that most people around here are tech junkies who are enthusiasts only when something is "ultra super duper high-tech".

So they are much more interested in PS3 and XBox360 (the later being well known), than the Revolution which doesn't seem to be pushing the technology hard forward.

There also are some people liking tech but being casual gamers who want something different than the same games they've been playing for years now, with only updated graphics; basically who are after innovation/change.

And of course we also have "trolls" or people really not liking a brand/product for whatever reason and eager to say it out loud wherever and whenever they can... (Whom we are trying to domesticate ;) )

I'm not usually in here because I don't actually own a console (apart from an ES-2218) but I'd just like to say that I rate Nintendo, as I don't see many other innovators like them in today's world of safe-bet traditional bean-counters.
Thankyou and goodnight. :LOL:

I've not seen anyone here really say anything bad about Nintendo games, it seems that the only point of contention is Nintendo's console hardware.

Some like Nintendo's decisions regarding hardware, some do not. I think that's true about any product on the market though, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back