Why is a particular forum so slow on my PC?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
I am a member of this forum. I don't know why but it is so slow on my PC (it works like a slide show, or if I open a new topic in another tab same thing happens), I mean I have never seen such a slow site/forum like that. All other forums/sites work smoothly for me. Any idea why is it so slow? :???:

I am a member of this forum. I don't know why but it is so slow on my PC (it works like a slide show, or if I open a new topic in another tab same thing happens), I mean I have never seen such a slow site/forum like that. All other forums/sites work smoothly for me. Any idea why is it so slow? :???:
You might want to find out what kind of processing power the hosting company provides per website, i.e. how many customers share one server. Hint: that's about the only thing they never touch upon on their own website ;)

Its significantly slower on my system than all other sites I visit. They're likely using the cheapest and underspecced system they could find. It takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds for it to even respond to the request by sending back a single byte, then another 3 seconds to finish sending the page.

Their website design is also badly broken on any standards compliant browser, such as FireFox.

It is a new forum with small no of users, they are still trying to find their feet. Can something be done to improve its speed (without having to replace the system it is hosted on), maybe tone down graphics/animation a bit?

Even when browsing mostly text-only pages, its still extremely slow. In the hosting realm, you get what you pay for.

lol. i got banned from a forum for criticizing its slowness. apparently you must appreciate the impoverished folks who operate forums...suspect it was a kid, given the level of venom over simply asking why it was often MUCH slower than at others.

I know I'm a couple of days late to the party, but that site's speed seems normal to me. A traceroute (which looks fine, btw) leads to thes guys as the host. Perhaps they've had some issues recently.

Back