Why does every thread about Americans turn racist?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
If you visit OCAU and go into the politics forum you will notice a lot of threads about America.
Recently a school shooting thread turned into a thread which had gone from anti-American to racism against Americans.

I only contributed to the anti American part, not the racism.

Is racism like this common in all developed countries nowadays?

How can a thread about American (anti- or otherwise) turn into racism? It's not possible -- the Yanks may be many things, but a distinct race they are not.

nutball said:
How can a thread about American (anti- or otherwise) turn into racism? It's not possible -- the Yanks may be many things, but a distinct race they are not.

A species can't be a race.

After 9/11 there seems to be a crapload of racism against Arabs and Americans.

Is racism as bad as the media put it out as?

They hate us for our freedoms.
yep.gif

America is seen as an evil nation for trying to shape the world into its own image, well that's how our detractors see America. Now, living in such a nation, they project their disgust for our government on our society as a whole. People are ignorant and revel in their stupidity.

GwymWeepa said:
America is seen as an evil nation for trying to shape the world into its own image, well that's how our detractors see America. Now, living in such a nation, they project their disgust for our government on our society as a whole. People are ignorant and revel in their stupidity.

Surely your government was voted by asians and africans :rolleyes:

I think it's just because they're player-haters. :LOL:

I don't so much have a problem with people hating our government and some (all?!?) of the things it does, but I do have a problem with people who dislike someone based on their nationality.

MasterBaiter said:
I think it's just because they're player-haters. :LOL:

I don't so much have a problem with people hating our government and some (all?!?) of the things it does, but I do have a problem with people who dislike someone based on their nationality.

Your signature is clearly racist. It implies that all Scots are drunk violent scum. Hold on that's not being racist.

;)

london-boy said:
Your signature is clearly racist. It implies that all Scots are drunk violent scum. Hold on that's not being racist.

ya, thats like saying all italians are short and remind them on their military history. :LOL:

/me runs

london-boy said:
Communist bastards.
Now wait a sec, LB... In america, people generally aren't bastards, instead they're assholes. :D

You need to master their local flavor of your *cough ahem* language...I mean, being italian and all... ;)

Eh..

People like and understand and value our power when they are getting their but kicked and they need our help. Those same people will resent it when we chose to take steps to prevent the bad stuff from happening in the first place.

Its also a sign of how twisted most of the world has become. I am not excusining the U.S. in this matter either. We just have a different kind of twistedness.

The crux of the issue is simply that the god of this world has twisted up everyone pretty good and there are just not that many left with any kind of a un seared mind. I am not supprised at all by it. Its been in written form that this would take place for a long long time. If anyone is able to step back and just look at the whole the truth of it is undeniable.

Back