Where is my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thread, although it had to be approved to get posted, is now deleted without notice.

I thought we got into a good discussion. The last post I saw said that the open source community often incorporated technology that Microsoft had developed first. This means that whatever Microsoft develops in the right way can be used by open source, but whatever the open source community develops, afaik, cannot be used by Microsoft because it sells it's products. Thus, it should be that Linux is destined to become, and perhaps already be, the best OS because it can use the best ways of programming something without any patents hindering it.

Thus, if Team Fortress 2 runs at twice the frame rate because OpenGl is better than DirectX, then what else is better?

In general, versus threads do not belong on this forum, as it never brings about anything good. Perhaps if you directed it better into the Pros and Cons of OpenGL or DirectX then it might have a chance at bearing fruitful discussion. Any vague OS versus threads will continue to be removed.

Also, there's too many variables in that topic to be meaningful, for instance did they use VSYNC on both or was it disabled on one OS but enabled on the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back