What would you build if you had $1,100 and had to get it all at Newegg today?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I personally would slap myself and spend more money on a case. The rest of your choices are good (except I do not trust Hiper on the PSU) but that case is just....... crazy and you can clearly see it as an after thought. You'd probably safe money because I'm sure you'd cut yourself enough inside that thing.

Save where I can on the case, and I agree on the PSU. Changed.

I like the case. The 250cm fan will be great & quiet, plus neon is KEWL!!!

/me runs to check out more cases...

XCLIO 3060WH White/Silver 0.6 mm SECC Chassis ; ABS Plastic Frontpanel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $55

11-103-004-01.JPG

Me too, but that would put me $100 over budget and I don't see where I can pull that $100 from. :???:

Here's one more. All black, no neon...same $56:

11-290-003-17.JPG

EDITED BITS: Man, checked out the interior shots and this case is WAAAY nicer than the other, changed my original post to reflect. :)

I can dig that, a much more clean case! I am not against lights but for my own uses they're really rather useless. That case however is very clean and something I would recommend someone on a budget. I tend to personally spend a bit more on my case.

Yeah, and just looking at the pictures I can tell the build quality is much better on that last one too. :)

I'm content, it is not bad.

Only 3rd party case I'd ever consider would be a Lian-Li alu case. 90+ percent of all other PC cases I've seen of late have been/had:

• Cheap ass-looking
  • Flimsy plastic details
  • Low quality worksmanship
  • Poor precision in manufacturing and assembly
..ALL AT ONCE.

The remaining cases have merely had some of the traits from above list. The cheap flimsy plastic details are a particular trend that appears almost on every case.

The front bezel in particular is a cheap flimsy plastic-magnet where it seems I'm supposed to love the case just because the manufacturr stuck some damn LEDs here and there.

No. Give me metal or give me death it is from now on.

Peace.

I probably wouldn't pull them from anywhere.

I'd wait another month and save more cash to get a decent case that I can be happy with.

No point in buying the first cheap junky case one comes across just ot have somewhre to stick the other components. That's just a waste of money.

Peace.

Back