What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my second playthrough of Medal of Honor: Airborne. Probably my favorite WW2 single player FPS. I always forget how semi-innovative it is for a shooter. Too bad the game is so short and there are no tools for modders to give it some extra life. From what I've discovered, the game was made using the then early available UT3 resources, and the game would've needed major code change to make modding a possibility. That sucks.

Battlefield Bad Company 2, it's nice, but it's absolutely not beginner friendly, as you get better weapons as you play, and you can't even heal when you play medic for at least an hour...
:(
Would be great without that, with it, it's only good.

Alien Breed : Impact, low cost rather fun... gauntlet maybe ?
Worth trying the demo to get a feel of the game.

Battlefield Bad Company 2, it's nice, but it's absolutely not beginner friendly, as you get better weapons as you play, and you can't even heal when you play medic for at least an hour...
:(
Would be great without that, with it, it's only good.

Keep following the notes. You really need to get accustomed to your rifle and method of firing. It's certainly not something for kids. And about the hour you need to unlock the health pack.. yeah .. that was a surprise but the time will fade when you're clocking nearly 100 hours...

Alien Breed : Impact, low cost rather fun... gauntlet maybe ?
Worth trying the demo to get a feel of the game.

I have some friends who will definitely want to old-skool this :D

Alien vs Predator (The recent one)

I avoided this after hearing not so good reviews from other forum goers, but got it as part of the Sega collection deal on Steam recently.

Really enjoying it so far. Very atmospheric and true to the movies. Having a blast with each race. I never played the original so perhaps that's why I have an unspoiled view of this one.

Been playing the original Far Cry alot lately with some graphical mods. Still looks nice and friendly. Still my favorite single player FPS! This one guys is trying to update the game with a new water shader and destructible trees in CE1 to turn it into "FarCrysis" and naturally there is a gentleman on his way to recreating Far Cry with CE2.
Far Cry destructible trees
New Water Shader
I expect this mod to never be finished, but it's fun to speculate. Perhaps I could import the The Delta Sector's water shader into normal FC? That would do nicely.............

Last edited by a moderator:
BFBC2.
Horrendous performance on a Phenom II X3 and 4870 here. Anything that I'm doing wrong? :(

HBAO on? uninstall anything pre CAT10.5 hotfix and install the 10.5 Hotfix BC2 requires the hotfix releases to run properly.

No, I dip into the 10-20s. HBAO is definitely off. Most settings are med/low.

At this rate I'm suspecting CPU incompetency... but my friends with Core2Duo Mobiles doesn't complain at all, and my X3 2.6Ghz should be faster by quite a bit.

I'm still playing Just Cause 2. Never thought I would continue playing for so long, but the other day I took the last achievement. I'm at 79% now, so maybe I'll even go for the 100%, crazy as I might be. :p

I really think we need another category of games for things like Oblivion and many MMOs. They really aren't cRPG in the sense that they aren't about the dialog, decisions, or consequences but about stat min/maxing and collecting. a lot of so called cRPGs have really no relation to RPGs which were much more about the interaction/dialog, decisions, and the most twisted possible consequences a person could figure out.

That kind of RGP came pretty frequently from the old BlackIsle Staff (now partly Obsidian). ex. BG: you we're so innocent (possibly neutral good) heros to become (possibly) the god of murder, and that over I don't know 2-3 million words of dialog? Yes, Oblivion has a lot dialog too. But you don't really become attached. Even less so than in the illfated Vampire (Troika) which does the story good enough.

I propose the term B-RPG :LOL:, it seems swimming in assets and FLOPS and no thinking about unique (appropriate) game-play supportive narrative and/or interfaces, is the "cheap" of the 21st century.

It's strange, in the movie world there are a great deal of budget-limited movies with mindblowing stories, and they get credit and fan-base, and trophies; in game-world, not? Or when? Penumbra isn't hyped.

I'm still playing Just Cause 2. Never thought I would continue playing for so long, but the other day I took the last achievement. I'm at 79% now, so maybe I'll even go for the 100%, crazy as I might be. :p

So aside from the hundreds of hours spent making/playing/testing your game, you're also whoring the game out after its completion in your free time?! :p

Anyway I was wondering what are the general feelings on your side of the fence about Steam? Is it well liked on the publisher/developer side of the equation?

I've got 101hrs in and ~82% -- been holding off on the last missions of the game, although I really can't say why. The 50-man trample with just the guns + ammo you've got on you is HARD to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back