What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposing Force is pretty awesome. Only game I've ever played that a gun actually continuously pushes you backwards from all the recoil.
You mean the chaingun? I don't know if I ever noticed it pushing me back, maybe it's because I pretty much always crouched when firing it, since that improves accuracy drastically.

I'm playing TF2 again I'm sad to say lol, I don't know how many times I've deleted that game off my harddrive in frustration. I'm TRYING to just play it casual-like because that makes it more fun, but I also want to win (and I'm not super duper awesome at aiming, meh), so sometimes it's hard to rein myself in, and then I get incredibly pissed off when I get 1-shot gibbed 5 times in a row within like 10 seconds of leaving spawn.

TF2 would be a lot more fun on the whole if all weapons simply did 50% less damage, but the kiddies today have no patience... If the enemy doesn't die in 1 hit then they lose interest it seems.

oops, ps you can download from fileplanet for free just register for a free account

contains passive wildlife
http://www.filefront.com/14745569/Oblivion-Mod-Pack-World.rar/

This worked BTW. How did you know it was in the package? Was it a difficult search? I was just googling Oblivion passive wildlife and got as far as the original authors ID, but the download links I found were no longer valid.

Anyway just wanted to thank you again. That mod makes the game much more enjoyable to me.

Oddly, this time around with Oblivion (Im level 6 now), it's more difficult than last time (no mod for that), AND last time i tried to make a player that looked like me and hit a look that was almost totally unlike me (looking wise). THIS time, I tried a few things and ended up with someone that DID look like me (real life), with less effort.

Also reinstalled Two Worlds. I WISH Oblivion had more horse gaits than walk and canter. Two Worlds used the 'w' key to to several gates (one tap of the key...walk, trot, canter, gallop....this really SHOULD be the industry standard, according to "Dire Straits" (the band)) rather then Oblivion's 'q' (auto whatever) and 'w' or 'W' meaning walk run. Take that, Two World haters. Not to mention you could fight (somewhat) form horseback in Two Worlds AND look around 360 degrees.

Also reinstalled Gothic3. I'm doing a compare and contrast 'study' you see. AND Gothic 2 (one of my faves)

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently the eternal search for gaming goodness led me east to the low countries. News had
reached me of a national festival called "Koninginnedag" or Queens Day, here as well as the
usual celabrations the locals hold a great market were they sell their old possesions I was
sure there was much gaming goodness to be unreathed here.
Unfortunately I suspect the dutch are agents of the evil console manufacturers sent to
scupper my plans, why? well the special celebratory cigarettes thay gave me to smoke
inflicted me with a debilitating illness known locally as "the munchies" and the search for
large slices of gaming goodness quickly devolved into the search for large slices of
chocolate cake.Anyway after a slice of cake or five the hunt was back on and I found the
following goodness.

Battlezone 2
Bioshock
Dreams to Reality (been after this for years)
Oblivion
Oblivion Shivering Isles
Shadow Man
Shadow Ops Red Mercury (turned out to be a dvd movie called aftershock :()
Starwars Dark Forces
Starwars Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight
Starwars Jedi Alliance (appears to be an unoficial mission pack)
Starwars Episode 1 Racer
Vampire The Masquerade Redemption

Cant complain for the price of 1 euro each

Golf clap!

So beautiful, so sensitive so much action and yet you survived the evil console hordes and came home with not one but several trophies! Oh my!

I hope you showered well to rid yourself of that console stench.

Recently the eternal search for gaming goodness led me east to the low countries. News had
reached me of a national festival called "Koninginnedag" or Queens Day, here as well as the
usual celabrations the locals hold a great market were they sell their old possesions I was
sure there was much gaming goodness to be unreathed here.
Unfortunately I suspect the dutch are agents of the evil console manufacturers sent to
scupper my plans, why? well the special celebratory cigarettes thay gave me to smoke
inflicted me with a debilitating illness known locally as "the munchies" and the search for
large slices of gaming goodness quickly devolved into the search for large slices of
chocolate cake.Anyway after a slice of cake or five the hunt was back on and I found the
following goodness.

Battlezone 2
Bioshock
Dreams to Reality (been after this for years)
Oblivion
Oblivion Shivering Isles
Shadow Man
Shadow Ops Red Mercury (turned out to be a dvd movie called aftershock :()
Starwars Dark Forces
Starwars Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight
Starwars Jedi Alliance (appears to be an unoficial mission pack)
Starwars Episode 1 Racer
Vampire The Masquerade Redemption

Cant complain for the price of 1 euro each

Where are you from? Heading east, I presume you're from France, or perhaps Belgium?

Im from england
and the ***** stands for leader for some strange reason the board censored it, so I left it

oh and Mobius1aic we want a g940 review

Playing HL2:EP1. Starts a bit dull but seems to open up later on into some play with GUNS!

Ahh, Although it looks like you didnt even consider the saitek when you bought the g940

Oh I did. The Saitek is another $50 or so and doesn't come with rudder pedals. That's way too much money for just a stick and throttle. The biggest problem for me was it's force sensing stick. I want a stick that actually moves, especially as most of what I was going to fly doesn't have a force sensing type control stick in. Outside of the F-16, I don't think any other aircraft uses a marginally moving force based stick, except maybe the F-22 as it uses a side placed control stick as well.

Anyone else use a USB modem? Verizon offers them, and I'm sure other companies do as well, but my mother gave me one and it's the best invention in the history of gaming. I played WoW on a BUS. A BUS! It also makes my lunch hour a lot more enjoyable when I get to game at the local Starbucks without having to worry about fiddling with their stupid Wifi.

Prohibitively expensive for normal use. I'm sure it's nice that your mother gave you one but for us in the real world, they cost minimum $40/month for very low usage up to $60/month for 5Gb+. And really only decent latency and speed in cities, at least where I live.

Prohibitively expensive for normal use. I'm sure it's nice that your mother gave you one but for us in the real world, they cost minimum $40/month for very low usage up to $60/month for 5Gb+. And really only decent latency and speed in cities, at least where I live.
Yeah, that really depends upon where you live. Here in Italy, for instance, much of the time they're highly competitive with (and often cheaper than) high-speed DSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back