What are you playing now?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by digitalwanderer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Well as I said what was frustrating me was not the difficulty, but most of the quests design.

2. manux

Veteran Regular

Divinity is divided to multiple acts. I really didn't like the act1 at all(ship, first island). Took me a long time to play through that as I just didn't dig it. Second act was where it started to get good and I played it through pretty quickly. Last act was really excellent. Every act is quite different and the quests get a lot better towards end. Some of the companion quests are really cool and the actual main plot starts to pickup steam also.

3. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Oh I believe you. But still, I was in second act I believe (espaced the island / fort joy), and so much wandering around with the hope to advance in some quests, it's ridiculous. When the npcs or books gave indications, It was very cool to play. When not, man... I get why some people love this game so much, but to me, it's so flawed, I'm baffle... Like, on the second island, I find randomly a kind of statue, with "mind" controlled dwarf around it, I had to fight them and destroy the statue. I never find out why or what that was... I stopped soon after that, because I realised that some "sequences" were not triggered because I didn't arrived by the "good" path... I had this kind of thing happenning multiples times...

Anyway, it's not a divinity thread :p

4. Davros

Legend

Delta force blackHawk Down

Lightman likes this.
  5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Stumbled on the Mistover Demo on Steam.

Indie Korean developer (Krafton Inc.) although the spoken language is in Japanese.

Free to try. This is like an Anime Darkest Dungeon.

Combat is more tactical and still turn based like Darkest Dungeon. Doesn't seem to have an insanity mechanic, but does some interesting things with luminosity (light level) and fullness (food). Also instead of crafting levels of weapons you can find weapons, armor, and gear in the "dungeons." Gear appears to be upgradable, but haven't been introduced to that mechanic yet.

Combat is a bit more tactical in that your party is in a 3x3 tile area and the enemies are in an opposing 3x3 tile area.

Instead of having a certain amount of days to complete the "campaign" like Darkest Dungeon, you instead have a Doomsday clock before the world ends. The time on the clock can decrease or increase depending on your actions.

You recruit mercenaries similar to Darkest Dungeon. Hell, there are a LOT of similarities with Darkest Dungeon including the art style. However, instead of a creepy yet charming Narrator, each NPC in town has spoken dialog (VERY Anime-ish dialog).

I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised by this Demo. Game releases in Oct. I'm seriously thinking about picking this up. Pretty rare for me to consider picking up a game title at full price.

Oh and controls and interface have a very controller focused feel. There's no mouse control, but keyboard controls are can be fully rebound. It didn't take me long to get used to them. I rebound my keys so I can play it one handed.

Regards,
    SB

#4685 Silent_Buddha, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    DSoup likes this.
  6. tuna

Veteran

Played the Shenmue 3 backers demo. Feels a lot like Shenmue 2 which is good.

7. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Just finished Superliminal and really enjoyed it! A small development team and a lot of love went in to that game, and at the end I smiled and enjoyed watching the credits roll.

It honestly reminded me of Portal in a "it's something different, and it's grabbing me without screaming at me" type of thing, I got hooked fast.

Not a long game, but definitely worth a look at. Highly recommended. :)

8. digitalwanderer

Legend

Playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and after all the horrible, awful things I heard about it I ended up loving it and stayed up until 2:30 playing last night! (This is from a guy who HAS to be up at 7am every day now)

They said it was impossible to play without a controller, bullshit! Keyboard/mouse is fine once you figure out where the invert y-scale is. (Scroll down from the controller setting, so stupid!) The game automagically set itself to epic on all settings for me and ran a solid 60 fps at 1080 on my Ry5 1600/RX580.

I'm enjoying it, shocking but true! <3

9. Davros

Legend

Just finished another playthrough of Mad Max
    It's not original but it is well executed and I enjoyed it a lot.

digitalwanderer likes this.
  10. Kyyla

Veteran

Yup the Jedi game is good. I'm playing with a controller though. No need to be masochistic about KB/Mouse ;)

digitalwanderer likes this.
  11. digitalwanderer

Legend

It's really not masochistic, I'm not having any problems or issues and don't see the need for a controller.
    I think it's just keyboard/mouse I have way better muscle memory with than anything else and can adapt pretty well as I've had to over the years. (Plus I have a Logitech G700s with about 13 buttons on it and most of them are programmable and I use them ALL constantly. ;) )

12. jlippo

Veteran Regular

Started playing Pirates! and Civilization5 with my son, good times. :)

13. Thasuppeas

Unfortunately i play league of legends only recently. I dont have anything to play and MOBA already bores me.