What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played through the Mass Effect series for the first time in a while. I may be mistaken, but I think Bioware changed the ending of Mass Effect 3 by adding an epilogue that wasn't there before (after the crashed Normandy sequence, before the credits). I really felt it brought together the ending in a way that was missing before. That is, unless I just blocked out that particular part of the ending...

Edit: Yeah, just looked it up, and the endings are indeed new. Really happy they were added!

favorite game of all time? ...man... so difficult. In uncertain order:

Star Control 2
Uncharted Waters 2
Ultima IV
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Starflight
Harvest Moon Boy & Girl
PT-109
MechWarrior 2 (crescent hawks revenge, right?)
SimCity 3000
GTA San Andreas
Saturn Bomberman
Civ 3
Fallout
Autoduel
Earthbound
Space Hulk
Grim Fandango
True Love 95 ^^;;
A Tale in the Desert
Hero's Quest
Tactics Ogre
Warlords (2600 w/4 players)
Quake III Arena

...sorry for the spammy list. Once I got going I couldn't bear to leave others out, esp highlights of different genres. The first three are easy top three. The rest are kind of hard to put in any meaningful order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played through the Mass Effect series for the first time in a while. I may be mistaken, but I think Bioware changed the ending of Mass Effect 3 by adding an epilogue that wasn't there before (after the crashed Normandy sequence, before the credits). I really felt it brought together the ending in a way that was missing before. That is, unless I just blocked out that particular part of the ending...

Edit: Yeah, just looked it up, and the endings are indeed new. Really happy they were added!

SPOILER ALERT dammit!!

I started playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, which I bought during the Steam sales. I installed the latest patch and I've put 10 hours in to it so far. It was a bit rough for the eyes in the beginning, especially the character models, but certainly tolerable. I wonder why this game has so few graphical settings in the game menu? Turning up high AA and AF from the control panel helped a lot for the overall look of the game.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit so far. The game has Interesting characters and game world. I like the fact that there isn't an arrow pointing to the right direction all the time and figuring out things has been fun so far, not that there has been anything really challenging, but fun anyway. Character development system and player powers seems to work well.

Overall gameplay: moving around and combat feels quite imprecise and sloppy, luckily those aren't needed too often.

If you could combine DoMM's FP combat mechanics with Bloodlines' roleplaying systems, you'd have got one hell of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been on a roll finishing games lately. Finally finished the new Deus Ex, totally awesome game! Also finished both Alan Wake games, the regular one and American Nightmare, love that series and hope they make more, great games especially whan played with the hud off in a dark room. Also finished Velvet Assasin, definitely an underrated game to me and so worth the $5 I paid for it. Played some Cave Story which was entertaining for a bit but got bored and moved on. Same with Vessel, it's a clever game but just didn't grab me. Now I'm bouncing between Dead Rising 2 and Max Payne. May Payne so far is cool, looks nice and plays well. Dead Rising is fun but I don't think I'll be finishing that one.

trinibwoy said:
Just starting Borderlands GOTY. I know there's a lot of interest in co-op but I hope the SP is decent.

I loved the game!! The whole setting and subtle humor (especially the Dr Zed DLC) reminded me of Serenity. I cannot understand, why this game concept is nit copied more...waiting for Borderland 2...

Thanks guys that makes me feel much better about diving in! The FOV and control tweaks make a huge difference - what were they thinking shipping the PC version in its default state!?

AH ! I too bought Borderlands GOTY but a 12gb download right now is too much for me. I capped my connection downloading all the free stuff in my PS+ subscritpion on the ps3 :( !

Just starting Borderlands GOTY. I know there's a lot of interest in co-op but I hope the SP is decent.

Co-op is spectacularly fun.
SP is horribly boring.

Do yourself a favor and don't play the game if you're not in a coop session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back