What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may as well go ahead with Terran Conflict. It's basically X3:R + lots of stuff from Xtended (the awesome Paranid Deimos comes to mind) and new sectors.

As for trade scripts, Economy and Supply Trader is a huge win. Check out the other stuff that Lucike guy has done, it's all gold.

That was the only thing I was looking at seriously for X3R, that iteration was called trade software MK3 II (same author). Do you know if the bonus pack for TC is smaller because more of that stuff is in the game already, or have the scripts just not been vetted?

I've been playing Left4Dead2 and Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded. The latter is an arcadey game where you're tasked with going through various levels and killing all the aliens. There are secrets in every level that give weapons, armor, ammo, health power ups and cash.

You can customize your character via RPG-style leveling. Each level gives you five stat points to spend in the various stats. Each time you start a new game, you get the opportunity to pick a special skill that can be leveled up ala the stats. Some are more useful than others(Tip: Economist is the most useful hands down. The cash drops become worth more, and buying stuff is the primary way you change out your weapons and armor).

There's a demo available on Steam for it. Basically, if you like those old school games where the primary objective is to kill the hell out of everything that moves, then you'll like this. If not, then you won't.

That was the only thing I was looking at seriously for X3R, that iteration was called trade software MK3 II (same author). Do you know if the bonus pack for TC is smaller because more of that stuff is in the game already, or have the scripts just not been vetted?

I never messed around much with the bonus packs, because I would get the scripts I wanted directly from the forums.

You may as well go ahead with Terran Conflict. It's basically X3:R + lots of stuff from Xtended (the awesome Paranid Deimos comes to mind) and new sectors.

As for trade scripts, Economy and Supply Trader is a huge win. Check out the other stuff that Lucike guy has done, it's all gold.

Yes perfect answer for Otto. Fresh start is best with TC due to improvements with vanilla version. Also it got even more robust script/mod archive compared to Reunion.

Also quite impressive detail for both games. I do know X3 Reunion fabs range in the 50-160k poly range and ships 5000-25k.

Solar powerplant XL is 156k polys... :LOL:

Anyway just bought a M2 (Odysseus from Paranid race) and it sure is pretty. 10xGPSG and 10xAFLAK makes sure small fighters gets smoked and the array of GPPC and BPPC is quite good for larger ships. Though the ships captain is fresh and of the rank second lieutenant (Nemeo 1.28b leveling AI). Really shows off he is fresh and cant fully handle the ships capabilities.

On one ocassion I was cleansing a sector that got attacked by pirates (Race invasions v15) and they had a Python with them. I scanned the Python and found out it only packed GPPC so with my Ecplise and hit n' runs (aswell as friendly patrol fighters swarming it) I managed to bring it's 8GJ shileds down to 0.5GJ. I did this to allow my Odysseus to get a easier kill as I was pretty confident it would get smoked if the Python had had it's shields above 0.5-1GJ due to the fresh captain controlling my M2.

Oh man did he act like a turd having perfect attack angle just to evade without opening fire. I was almost swearing that I would fire the captain though I was now worried he and my M2 would get wasted as the Python started to unload most of it's GPPC turrets onto my M2. Then the captain opened fire and the Python got smoked and the Odysseus shields down to 2.5GJ... I almost fired him for such incredibly poor battle perfomance.

Anwyay he is now of the rank first lieutenant and certainly fights better. Better use of ships capabilities, no question about it. I just hope he someday manages to fight like the rapid response M2/M1 (Race Resonse Fleet 1.5) that been present in the game world for a long time (getting skilled, the veterans). The way they evade enemy fire, angle of attack , rolls to make all turrets get to fire etc brings a tear to the eye.. so beathiful and hopefully my M2 captain will reach that skill level.

I never tried the leveling AI script. Sounds like fun :)

After I've saved up enough to buy a legitimate TS class freighter I don't do much dogfighting. I'll buy a nice M3 to call on in emergencies (or for very lucrative missions), and then not really purchase any more firepower until I can afford an M7 with a hangar bay and the MARS fire control system :devilish:. In a properly kitted M7 it is quite easy to defend yourself unless you wander into a Xenon sector or something. Then you need the big guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually just re-subbed my Anarchy Online account :oops: The new engine for it is supposed to be released Q1 2011.

Back to some Bad Company 2.. I saw Bludd online the other day and I want to be warm when the map pack hits.

Hey man, I'm thinking about getting back into it. I have X3 gold, so I don't know if I should start with Terran Conflict or not. I never feel like I truly got my empire rolling in Reunion, so I'll probably go back--do you see any pros/cons between the two. Also, what are some of the best, most compatible mods? Bonus pack is a given. The two major content mods I'm looking at are X-tended (of course) and Transcendental, which I expect are mutually exclusive. Do you know of any good trade/empire management mods I should have?

@Davros: I think he may have meant in terms of economy and factions. I do recall inertia being a factor in the X games, but I think they normalized it to max velocity or something, e.g. you could power out of any drift. Does that sound right?

I usually recomend people to start with Terran Conflict, much better ironed out game, and easier to get around in. :) Abit less focus on story tough.. But make your own.. :)

As for mods I like to advice people to play a few hundred hours in vanilla before changing the nature of the game and gives your game the modified tag..:-/

It's pretty well explained on Egosoft-forum what each mod do, and you can change the game pretty much how you like, so you get the most fun parts, and some features the developers didn't put in. I usually get the NPC-bail addon, Easy Hub, and a piracy hack modification where you transport over a computer chips to target-ship when shields are down to force them to bail, nanite hull repair, ship repair laser.. :)
Improved races and player owned sectors are also cool..

Lot's of cool mods, but when you put in many of them at once, alot of the challenge in the game can dissepear, and even tough most mods balance themselves out into the game, it can become to easy if you use to many at once, so I don't recomend modifying the game until you know what you're changing. :)

I completed Metro 2033 today. I've had it for months, and barely touched it, but finally took the time to play more than an hour into it and holy hell it sure is engaging to play once you get passed the learning curve and take the time to set it up to get good framerate.

Playing lots of World of Tanks beta lately.
Patch out yesterday included a bunch of improvements & whole new US tank tree.
Really loving this game :)
Though I'm not really sure I see how it can sustain as an MMO & so-far feature wise its mostly just counterstrike with everyone in tanks rather than like a normal MMO.

I got it...seems like a quality RPG, with a nice interface, monsters and consumables... Character models are ugly as sin though and the god rays are faaar too strong and bright. And no v-sync that I could find.

Seems worth it for the price.

In X3 Reunion I bought a Teladi M2 Phoenix destroyer. The damn 10GJ shield recharges several times faster than any other M2 and the Phoenix can mount GPPC on front turrets making it a deadly tank. Sure it is kinda ugly, is slow and huge but it cuts through enemy capital ships like no other. Took it out to an Xenon sector to test it out (AI 2nd lieutenant handling it) and it crushed several Xenon Js. Since my Phoenix was outfitted with 32 GPPC and 4 BPPC it didnt have much against the M3+ ships but that was no problem as my Pranid M1 Zues carrier with it's AFLAK and GPSG did short work of them taking down 5-10 at the same time while taking over malfunctioning ships to direct to it's hangar.

Anyway looking at the setor map I noticed an Xenon J carrier that had it's AI smoked. 2x1GJ shields left and 30% hull aswell as several GPPC and BPPC. First tiem ever I've seen a capital ship abandoned/AI dead. Took it over.. hehe.

Doing a lot of Rise of Flight quick missions to learn the game, get a feel for it. Really need some pedals though. Wife's trying to c(ck-block me on them, turn them into a Christmas gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back