What are you getting your significant other for xmas?

She wants a Betty Crocker cook book. I kid you not. Since Megan was born we agreed to cut back on Christmas spending for each other.

Hanners said:
Don't have one any more, thus nothing. :p
Hey! I'll be offended if you skip me! :oops:

I have no clue what I'm getting my wife, she usually decides. :rolleyes: So far she's gotten "us" a new cellphone and she's talking about picking up a laptop for "us" again too now.

(Her new job means time to watch movies/cruise the net, if she had her own laptop... ;) )

dukmahsik said:
What are you getting your significant other for xmas?
Syphilis ;)

PS. I am the worst Christmas (well, any present giving day really) shopper in the World. I have no idea what to get and then, the day after, if becomes painfully obvious what I should have gotten. Perhaps it's the sad faces, the berating, and the beating I receive in return that makes the lights come on.

Probably some games...cheap games...

oh yeah, my significant other would be me. ;)

Nothing. She told me if I bought her anything, she would not open it and take it back. She says we're not spending any money on each other and using that money plus the gift money we get to finally buy a projector for the basement media room/theatre. Is that cool or what?

Sanyo Z4, here I come!

Though I found out I can get huge discounts on XM Radio stuff through my company's EPP program, so I might get her an XM Radio for her car. The hardware I want is free, so I just have to sign up for 3 months of service (~$38). I hate getting her nothing, and $38 isn't that much.

JBark said:
Nothing. She told me if I bought her anything, she would not open it and take it back. She says we're not spending any money on each other and using that money plus the gift money we get to finally buy a projector for the basement media room/theatre. Is that cool or what?

Sanyo Z4, here I come!

Though I found out I can get huge discounts on XM Radio stuff through my company's EPP program, so I might get her an XM Radio for her car. The hardware I want is free, so I just have to sign up for 3 months of service (~$38). I hate getting her nothing, and $38 isn't that much.
What a wonderfull gal:D

A Tamron 180mm Macro lens for my wife. She'll be pissed at me for about a month. My wife hates getting gifts, literally, she'll be pissed as hell at me for a good while. But you know, she'll love it once she gets over the first part, she always does.

Where do you people find these women? They don't want gifts. They want cool multimedia equipment for the family or they get angry when they are given stuff. LOL! I want one!!! In fact, I think it would make a very nice gift. ;)

PS. Doesn't it suck getting old? Not wanting anything and not being excited about that part of it? Something must be broken when you stop salivating over an unopened gift. <insert really expensive wrapping paper sound effects here...perhaps some phasing...and an echo>

"Dammit! I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted socks! I have been asking for socks for ten years now and I never get any. Forget what I said when I was 18. I was young and foolish. Now get me some damn socks, will ya? It's Christmas!" <walks away barefoot>

She's getting socks from her mom, lol. What's up with socks and Xmas? People are always talking about getting socks for Xmas, dont get it!

wireframe said:
Where do you people find these women? They don't want gifts. They want cool multimedia equipment for the family (...)

I would actually rather put rocks around my girls neck than get a giant multimedia system...

Sage said:
I would actually rather put rocks around my girls neck than get a giant multimedia system...

My wife wears a toilet bowl chain as a necklace. We were at the local hardware store one day and she just picked it out and asked me to buy it for her, I said sure it was only like a dollar or two. When we got back to the car she had it around her neck, that was about two years ago and she still wears it every day...

LOL. Stop!!!

Seriously, the day a woman tells me that instead of me buying gifts for our anniversary (which really means her anniversary), we should each buy a wicked gaming computer and frag each other till we drop is they day I will look deeply into a woman's eyes and say:

"Are you a member of some weird cult I don't know about?" :???:

Of course I would play along, but I would be scared at night and probably install locks on the kitchen drawers, hide my razors, and refuse to eat anything I didn't see prepared right in front of me.

Women cannot be this cool about these kinds of things. It's impossible. Either that or I'm trapped in some weird mirror dimension to where the normal people hang out...which...come to think of it, seems strangely plausible...*sigh* :oops:

Skrying said:
My wife wears a toilet bowl chain as a necklace. We were at the local hardware store one day and she just picked it out and asked me to buy it for her, I said sure it was only like a dollar or two. When we got back to the car she had it around her neck, that was about two years ago and she still wears it every day...

heh that's actually a really sweet story

Back