what are the best DVD-R(+R) and CD-R medias?

Legion

Regular
I am looking for DVD-R(+R) media that i can burn at 4x(8x) with little amounts of errors. Likewise CD-R Media i can burn at 24x+ speeds.

I have been having a lot of problems with the fuji 2.4x dvd-r medias. There are quite visible artifacts on the discs when i burn at 2x. I can't understand why this is. Especially considering i have Plextor 708A.

Tagrineth said:
Media already is plural. Please don't put an S on the end of it. :? Singular is medium, btw.

i made a mistake as i am using media in its the plural sense within the actual post. Both thanks for wasting my time by correcting me. I'll be sure to pay you back in the future.

Legion said:
I am looking for DVD-R(+R) media that i can burn at 4x(8x) with little amounts of errors. Likewise CD-R Media i can burn at 24x+ speeds.

Well, I don't like Maxell, Fuji. I find Sony CD-R and CD-RW is rather good quality comparatively speaking but you will pay a little extra for their stuff. The Sony CD-RW is considerably better then others that I have tried allowing for more formats and having overall better integrity with regards to aging. My experience excludes DVD.

it really makes me rather angry to see dvd burner after dvd burner turn out obvious artifacts on discs at speeds as low as 2x. WHen i say artifacts i mean areas on the disc not even burner. Little specks.

I've done well with TDK discs, both CD-R and DVD+R. (4x burning at 8x on my 708a ;))

However, I only burned a single DVD so far so things could go downhill. The first one was fine, at least!

I've heard that any media made in Japan is good. Stuff made elsewhere is not as reliable. Any truth to that?

Back