What Anime are you watching now?

I went through an absolute anime crazy phase a couple of years ago and basically bought shelves full of DVD and Blu-rays. But I haven't really followed that up since. I think the last one I watched was 'Summer Wars' and I caught 'Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon' on Netflix. My favourite out of the ones I bought was Soul Eater. I really enjoyed that :D

I just finished watching GATE: something about the JSDF fighting.

I find the way the anime holds the JSDF as some benevolent fighting force striving to protect all its citizens as a little bit unrealistic. But I like how the game presents a modern military going against a fantasy-based force. The whole anime is just a modern military mowing down the archaic forces of a fantasy empire in seconds.

Let me break out my dragons. Those two air to surface missiles say "Nope"! LOL.

I enjoyed GATE a great deal too, the lead character was perfect. :)
d3731127ccc7c893345ad824925b057a.jpg

I LMAO because like her I was in utter confusion during the initial attack and when he suddenly appeared in his uniform to accept his reward because he doesn't come off as having any military background.

Last edited:
Cases are varied and usually involves forged, stolen or misappropriated antiques with Sherlock style investigation.

it is interesting indeed! not the usual typical murder mystery, locked room mystery. The shoujo-anime tropes also presented rather good, not as over the top as other shoujo shows.

Finally had time to watch Jin-Roh. Was alright. Wanted to see the Killzone inspiration....but the movie was different than I anticipated. Good ending imo.

i just realized, "reincarnation" or "imagination" or whatever on SAO is a clever trick by the author to canonize any ass-pull plot device! Every bullshit are canon, in-universe mechanic!

Holy molly! The demon king academy is so bad, I can't stop watching.

Whyyyyyy. Its really bad. Full of super powered, cringe worthy protagonist tropes. Not to mention the trope where girls will throw themselves to the protagonist.

1. Tsundere
2. The soft-talking and timid
3. The side character

Whats next? I suspect there will be loli! But not just a loli! A 1000 years old loli! So it's LEGAL! :runaway:

Nearing the end of 5 seasons that were 24 episodes each and you're just now realizing that? :p

Let's just say, now I'm a better person :LOL:

Nearly finished with Netflix series Great Pretender. Its the story of Makoto Edamura, supposedly Japan's greatest swindler. He gets more than he bargained for when he tries to con real world-class crook Laurent Thierry. It tells 3 different heists, covering 5, 5, and 4 episodes each. The cases cover Los Angeles Connection, Singapore Sky, and Snow of London. This is from the studio behind Attack on Titan, Wit Studio.

Note: If you select English audio, the first episode has 10 minutes with Japanese audio as an artistic choice, after that time it will be in English.

What? Is that a fan-made clip, or is it part of a major studio release?

Back