Way cool quadropedal robot footage

Very cool. :cool:

Edit - reminds me of The Chuckle Brothers (if you don't get this, you are lucky).

Last edited by a moderator:
The just amazing. The part that shocked me the most was the way it reacts to be kicked and being put offbalance. Thats really crazy

MuFu said:
Very cool. :cool:

Edit - reminds me of The Chuckle Brothers (if you don't get this, you are lucky).

ch chucklevision.... ch chucklevision.

I think they look like a couple of perverts !

When that wasp escapes I wouldn't want to be anywhere in the vicinity.

nintenho said:
I wonder how much it costs to make one of those.
Uncle sam putting your tax $ to work I wager. :) LOTS of it, probably, heh.

Interesting stuff. I have to wonder though if that thing EVER stands completely still, or if it keeps marching in place all the time even when not moving in any direction...

Also, it has a most peculiar gait! I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw it. And poor thing looked offended and hurt when it got kicked... :(

Too bad it's not any damn good for anything. I guess it's an early prototype, but considering how short a distance off the ground it lifts its legs it means it won't ever get anywhere in terrain. It would snag on the first dead broken-off branch it encounters. It can barely cope with gentle inclines as we can see in the video...

Guden Oden said:
Too bad it's not any damn good for anything. I guess it's an early prototype, but considering how short a distance off the ground it lifts its legs it means it won't ever get anywhere in terrain. It would snag on the first dead broken-off branch it encounters. It can barely cope with gentle inclines as we can see in the video...
I don't know. It walked on the mud, snow, and rocks really well.

Back