War of the Worlds

I enjoyed it a lot. About the only thing I didnt care for, was the very abrupt ending. But thats how it was in the past, so I cant complain much. That, and that the video camera still worked. Overall though, great movie.

Not a academy award winner overall, but it didn't tottaly shite on the original IMO. What I really liked about the moving was the fact that it was scary and suspensfull without gong over the top with the gore factor. It's sad that movie makers feel the need to take the gore to far in order to get a responce fom the audience.

c0_re said:
What I really liked about the moving was the fact that it was scary and suspensfull without gong over the top with the gore factor.
Yeah, I'll give the movie props for that. It actually was pretty subtle in parts where they could have just been over-the-top and the subtley helped to balance it/make it feel more real.

Interesting so if someone said was this movie better or was Batman Begins better...in the interest of seeing that both are meant to be summer entertainment blockbusters and not just gunning for Oscars....

Hanners said:
The BBC already made a (pretty damn fantastic) series out of Tripods in the mid-eighties.

oh yeah , i remember that from TV a looong time ago .

It was a whole hell of a lot better than the gawd-awful "Batman Begins" where I fell asleep during the 2nd half of the film.

The fact that anyone could call that movie god aweful amazes me. Do you have an attention span at all?

Back