War Devil - DigiGuys

mckmas8808 said:
Looks like Sony may have picked this game up.

wardevil3ur.jpg

Looks where it says SONY: It says DigiGuys is proud to be using Sony's 2nd stage HDCAMSR High-Def Studio VTR & unique blu-ray optical disc.

Sounds like a second party game to me fellas. But I could be wrong. They could be using all of Sony's equipment for a videogame that has that PS3 esque look and feel to it made on the blue-fay disc and just give it MS. I guess that's possible. [/sarcasm]

That's been there for MONTHS. I saw it like 4 months ago.

They are making a high-def movie aren't they? BLu-ray is the probable winner in the HD war, so this makes some sense. Regardless, it's very old news

They were supposed to announce the console at TGS but now I read that "negotiations are ongoing" so I gues we'll see....

I have no good reason to believe the visuals are real time, and I certainly have no reason to expect these guys to make a good game. They can't ride the hype train any longer.

Inane_Dork said:
I have no good reason to believe the visuals are real time, and I certainly have no reason to expect these guys to make a good game. They can't ride the hype train any longer.

You also have no good reason to think that this is not real-time. And you certainly have no reason to believe that they can't make a good game. You don't know. Do you think those level graphics can't be done in real-time?

mckmas8808 said:
You also have no good reason to think that this is not real-time. And you certainly have no reason to believe that they can't make a good game. You don't know. Do you think those level graphics can't be done in real-time?

they had a trailer with the engine demonstration (gouraud ,then lighting+shading,then +dof/particles )

_phil_ said:
they had a trailer with the engine demonstration (gouraud ,then lighting+shading,then +dof/particles )

HUH?? Are you trying to prove that it is real-time? If so why? I was trying to say the samething. I think it's real-time too.

mckmas8808 said:
You also have no good reason to think that this is not real-time. And you certainly have no reason to believe that they can't make a good game. You don't know.
Please, get real. I have PLENTY of good reasons to expect they cannot make a good game. Not knowing is the same as having no support. If they want to convince, let's hear some history.

Inane_Dork said:
Please, get real. I have PLENTY of good reasons to expect they cannot make a good game. Not knowing is the same as having no support. If they want to convince, let's hear some history.

Not knowing is NOT the same. You don't know. Just because they don't have support doesn't mean it's not real-time. Let's be real with ourselves. The only reason you're really saying this is because the game actually looks great. It looks better than 90% of the next-gen games being shown nowadays and you just don't want to believe it right? Just be real with us Inane. Are you in their offices? Do you know the programmer personnaly? The other guys with 3 people that have a game engine and game in the works most be using CG too right?

mckmas8808 said:
Not knowing is NOT the same. You don't know. Just because they don't have support doesn't mean it's not real-time. Let's be real with ourselves. The only reason you're really saying this is because the game actually looks great. It looks better than 90% of the next-gen games being shown nowadays and you just don't want to believe it right? Just be real with us Inane. Are you in their offices? Do you know the programmer personnaly? The other guys with 3 people that have a game engine and game in the works most be using CG too right?
You are hellbent on the whole real time or not real time point, but I don't care about it. They could have that stuff running real time or not. I've seen no absolute proof either way. The bottom line is, I don't care.

The REAL question, which you are bending over backwards to dodge, is what the game will be. And when there's no reason to expect the game to be good, why be interested in it? We know literally nothing about the actual gameplay or the quality of the developers. If they announced that Ancel or Miyamoto or Molyneux or Naja were behind it, I could understand the interest. But this? Don't be duped.

Because right now, WarDevil is next gen's Wreckless.

Inane_Dork said:
You are hellbent on the whole real time or not real time point, but I don't care about it. They could have that stuff running real time or not. I've seen no absolute proof either way. The bottom line is, I don't care.

The REAL question, which you are bending over backwards to dodge, is what the game will be. And when there's no reason to expect the game to be good, why be interested in it? We know literally nothing about the actual gameplay or the quality of the developers. If they announced that Ancel or Miyamoto or Molyneux or Naja were behind it, I could understand the interest. But this? Don't be duped.

Because right now, WarDevil is next gen's Wreckless.

Honestly so could Heavenly Sword, but you will see plenty people on this board loving that game too. The guys have to start somewhere.

mckmas8808 said:
Honestly so could Heavenly Sword, but you will see plenty people on this board loving that game too.
Heavenly Sword is made by a company with a history of making games and it is being published by Sony, which is no cakewalk. Those are two HUGE points in HS's favor over WarDevil. You can act like the absence of information could mean anything, but the probability is not evenly weighted amongst everything. The more negative things are more likely in a total absence like this.

The guys have to start somewhere.
Of course they do, but what was the last good, mainstream game made by total newcomers? Serious Sam, maybe? It's so rare I don't see the point in even holding out hope for it.

Why not? I still don't see why people for instance like Rare should be given a free "this game should be good", but these guys should get any hype. I don't get you right now. Why shouldn't we care about this game. It looks good so far.

mckmas8808 said:
Why not? I still don't see why people for instance like Rare should be given a free "this game should be good", but these guys should get any hype. I don't get you right now.
If you can't tell the difference between Rare and some company that has a ton of render-for-film stuff on their site plus a tiny bit about a game engine, yeah, you don't get me right now. And until you get that difference, I'm afraid there's nothing more to be said.

Inane_Dork said:
Heavenly Sword is made by a company with a history of making games and it is being published by Sony, which is no cakewalk. Those are two HUGE points in HS's favor over WarDevil.
I think two larger points are the two members of this forum working on it, and we're all rooting for the home team.
[Pompoms]
Ra-Ra-Go Go Ninja Theory!
[/pompoms]

I remember when the 1st video came out it was a Xbox 2 video, and not so long ago this game was supposed to come before year's end to the Xbox 360 and next year to the PS3.

Shifty Geezer said:
I think two larger points are the two members of this forum working on it, and we're all rooting for the home team.
[Pompoms]
Ra-Ra-Go Go Ninja Theory!
[/pompoms]

Two? Who is the other one besides DeanoC?

Back