Vista Home Premium Windows Media Center problem

sham63

Newcomer
I asked this right before the forums went down, so I will try again. I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 and Windows Media Center does not recognize it. When I try to set it up for tv viewing Media Center tells me that I do not have a tuner card installed. My PVR-150 is shown in Device Manager as installed and working correctly, and it works just fine with WinTV 2000. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers etc from Hauppauge's website. Any Vista users have any ideas? Thanks

Jim

I don't know what to tell ya, it should work. I have PVR-500 and it works perfectly. To tell you truth though I have never used any Hauppauge's drivers or software to this day. The drivers I use were installed when I started Media Center.

Have you tried uninstalling all the software and drivers and seeing if Vista Media Center detects the new hardware on its own?

~Phil

I don't know what to tell ya, it should work. I have PVR-500 and it works perfectly. To tell you truth though I have never used any Hauppauge's drivers or software to this day. The drivers I use were installed when I started Media Center.

Have you tried uninstalling all the software and drivers and seeing if Vista Media Center detects the new hardware on its own?

~Phil

I can try this, but when I installed Vista it installed drivers for it automatically. Media Center did not work with these, which is why I downloaded the latest from Hauppauge. Searching the web, I am not the only one with this issue. It affects several different brands of tv cards.

Jim

Back