Vista admin problem

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Ok, so I've got a new laptop, with Vista Home Premium. When configuring it, I'm not allowed to do simple things, like accessing the "Documents and settings" folder, not even when I enable the administrator account and use that. I HATE that! I simply want to do stuff like copying my Firefox bookmarks, and I'm not able to.

While I hope I could replace the file permissions on everything as administrator, I simply want a real admin account named "Frank", so I can access everything on my network without having to login every time. And do as I please without having to elevate my privileges every time, replace permissions and stuff, and try again. Last time I checked, I am the owner of my laptop, not Microsoft.

Does anyone know how to do that?

And I think it's dumbfoundedly stupid that you're not allowed to do anything, but that the admin account doesn't have a password, and can be (and has to be) used for whatever. What's the point? Or, do I have to spend € 500 to get a version of Vista that does allow me to do those things?

You've not had a goofd Vista day today have you? :cool:

I'm having a similar fight of my own to be able to get access to the drives on a WinXP Home box fro across the network.

Since MS stunted the access rights GUI but not the access rights mechanism itself I seem to be unable to gain access to my own drives and folders.

God damn bill gates..
Peace.

Back