VGA vs DVI Help need'd

mrboo

Regular
Im back again :)

Right ive just grought a new Geforece 6600 ( Hey its better then the 5200FX it replaced ) my monitor and the 6600 both have DVI connecters and ive tried connecting them up to use DVI and for some reason it transmits a resolution of 1280x1024 over the DVI connection. My resolution is set at 1440x900 ( i have a 16:10 widescreen monitor ) in the settings and over VGA it works fine, but as soon as i switch to DVI it goes back to 1280x1024. Im really stumped at this can anyone help?

Im running the lastest nvidia driver's and my monitor is a HP w19 16:10 widescreen monitor. Ive got BOTH the VGA and DVI cables connected at the same time. Any help would be awsome.

Im back again :)

Right ive just grought a new Geforece 6600 ( Hey its better then the 5200FX it replaced ) my monitor and the 6600 both have DVI connecters and ive tried connecting them up to use DVI and for some reason it transmits a resolution of 1280x1024 over the DVI connection. My resolution is set at 1440x900 ( i have a 16:10 widescreen monitor ) in the settings and over VGA it works fine, but as soon as i switch to DVI it goes back to 1280x1024. Im really stumped at this can anyone help?

Im running the lastest nvidia driver's and my monitor is a HP w19 16:10 widescreen monitor. Ive got BOTH the VGA and DVI cables connected at the same time. Any help would be awsome.
There should be a setting to show widescreen resolution in the control panel.

There should be a setting to show widescreen resolution in the control panel.

Its all set to 16:10 widescreen @ 1440x900 though VGA but as soon as i switch over to DVI ( without altering the resoltuion settings ) it out-puts a resolution of 1280x1024 and because my monitor does'nt support it i get no picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back