VEX robotics fun!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Just got back from my first VEX competition with my son's team, and it was f-ing AWESOME! Ok, it wasn't perfect as long day was bloody long...but the competition, the people, it was just fabulous!

I'd talked to the teacher in charge of it a bit before, I go early to pick my son from it after school and me and my daughter walk down to their lab to visit and chat....but I really had no idea what the competition would entail, and it was pretty cool!

I'd write more, but I got up at 3:45am to get to school with him before 5 and I just got back a little while ago at around 9. The 2-1/2 hour bus ride each way on a truly terrifying school bus was probably the low point, but meeting his team mates and having the pleasure of spending the day with 'em was actually quite fun.

Oh and it didn't hurt that Just's team ranked 1st out of 77 teams, and 2nd in the elimination round...with a special award for technical excellence to his team captain. :cool:

A long day, but a good one. Expect to hear more about VEX soon, I think I'm gonna plunge into it with both feet. It's the kind of active parenting I can look forward to, and my son really seems to enjoy it. :)

So I'm gonna have to google what this is actually about, is that how you want it? Coz, I really don't have a clue... :LOL:

Anyway, grats on the success, and stuff. Hope your kids won't turn into moody, surly teens anytime soon, but continue enjoying your company for many years to come. :)

How does something like that compare to the Lego Mindstorms NXE 2.0? Serious question as next year I was thinking about getting it for my boys to introduce them to some programming and robotics.

Back