VE now owned by IGN???

bdmosky

Newcomer
Am I the only one who didn't see this coming? This one caught me off guard for sure.

As you can see, we're now owned by IGN and as such we will now operate on their servers and use their systems. What does this mean to you? Not a huge deal. The news coverage will continue to be as inconsistent as usual, we'll be as biased as always, and Apache will continue to yell at me. New 'in-house' content should be coming fairly soon and we are aiming to increase the level of this great content to heights unseen.

New 'in-house' content eh? Sounds like more exclusive, membership-only stories coming your way. IMO another good website going down the crapper. I used to be a big IGN fan as well until they started their membership programs.

Any other thoughts?

bdmosky said:
I used to be a big IGN fan as well until they started their membership programs.

Any other thoughts?

I think subscription programs are generally justified when you provide quality content.

Im pissed

This is quite sad. :cry:

I have been with Vodooextreme since its beginnings.

Now I guess its time to move on.

IGN is gonna kill the site. :(

FUCKERS#¤&#%¤#¤!!!!! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

-Neutrality-

I think subscription programs are generally justified when you provide quality content.

Quality being the key word there. I tend to think their quality of journalism took a dive as well.

bdmosky said:

Quality being the key word there. I tend to think their quality of journalism took a dive as well.

Then why are some people still pissed off at their subscription program? If the quality was really that crappy and the content truly that worthless it wouldn't have been a big loss, no?

Hmm certainly dont want to pay to read VE... Whats that page that Billy ' Wicked' Wilson went to again after leaving VE?

Hmm certainly dont want to pay to read VE... Whats that page that Billy ' Wicked' Wilson went to again after leaving VE?

The pretty much defunct Gaming Groove which hasn't had any content in almost a year...

Then why are some people still pissed off at their subscription program? If the quality was really that crappy and the content truly that worthless it wouldn't have been a big loss, no?

I don't know... I used to visit it daily but rarely go there anymore.

pax said:
He left for GamingGroove.com. That site has done more "We are currently down, but we will be back" posts than any other site. ;) Wonder if they will ever be really "back"? Their latest update is from January 2, 2003...

I wonder what Billy is doing these days? He was pretty popular during the golden days of VE.

Ya someone needs to put Billy back on the air so to speak hhe... Who knows, maybe we'll see his sexually charged and outrageous commentaries online again someday. ;)

Welp, I just took my last tour at VE. I don't like IGN and I refuse to go there now. I guess I'll go to bluesnews.com. They had teh same set up as VE. Oh well, R.I.P. VE

I've been reading VE for a long time and this was kinda suprising. Well, like someone said, Blue's News is a good alternative.

Back