Valiant Hearts (Playstation, Xbox)

Scott_Arm

Legend
Puzzle adventure game set in WW1. I like the tone of the game. It has manipulative melodramatic music, but I appreciate that it is a somber look at war rather than a celebration of violence. The game does not appear to celebrate violence as entertainment so far. The quality of the writing worries me a little. It does try to provide some historical information about the war through the narration as well as facts you can read through the game menu. It does appear to be historically accurate. My play session was less than an hour.

I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for this game on the forum. It uses the same engine as the new Rayman games and Child of Light. It's very pretty.

Hopefully it's not as painfully dull as CoL. I think the setting alone should make sure of that, though. Well, I'm willing to wait a little bit longer before I buy it. Ubi Art games have a habit of popping up on the Vita eventually.

Finished it the other day, it got quite repetitive game mechanic wise and the puzzle you have to solve are way to easy. But I continued to get to the end of the story :)

Now I am looking forward to Grim Fandango, wondering if the puzzles are as hard as I remember. Or its just that I am heaps older now ;)

If your going to play Valiant Hearts on iOS, I would suggest headphones etc, since the bits between gameplay is a big part of the feeling of the game.

Back