UT2007 ps3 video?

I think this is old. At least it looks very very similar to one of the earlier UE3 presentations (on PCs, obviously).

The E3 demo was indoors, in that same city-level, I think.

weaksauce said:
Naw, that PC for sure, 4:3 and looks like mouse movements too me.

Do you refer to the video I linked? If so, notice how the movement doesn't go fluidly, like it would if mouse was used, but in "steps". Even if a mouse was used to move around in the demo, I think the PS3 dev kits support mouse like PCs.
That tech demo was presented at the PS3 unveiling party with early PS3 dev kit, which AFAIK included 2.4GHz Cell processor and nVidia 6800 Ultra (single or SLI).

.Melchiah. said:
Do you refer to the video I linked? If so, notice how the movement doesn't go fluidly, like it would if mouse was used, but in "steps". Even if a mouse was used to move around in the demo, I think the PS3 dev kits support mouse like PCs.
That tech demo was presented at the PS3 unveiling party with early PS3 dev kit, which AFAIK included 2.4GHz Cell processor and nVidia 6800 Ultra (single or SLI).

No.. I refered to the orignal posters..

Shifty Geezer, well if you wan't to trust epic in PSM it's the same graphically and will be smoother on ps3 than most people can afford.. I mean, 60fps.
Rein says in the interview they want to make it so alike PC as possible I think, difference would be controller. (and maybe textures because of lack of RAM?)

That demo is more than one year old.

I get the impression that, for the guys on that forum, any UT2007 footage/screen that hits the net is PS3 related too.

Jacob said:
That demo is more than one year old.

I get the impression that, for the guys on that forum, any UT2007 footage/screen that hits the net is PS3 related too.
You mean the video with the vehicle running in the city?

Shifty Geezer said:
How much difference is expected between UT2007 PC and UT2007 PS3?

Well apart from the control method id say squat. Well ok, maybe the AA COULD be higher on the PC depending on the GPU.

Other than that, i expect a rock solid 60fps on PS3, after all an unoptomised build was managing 49FPS. Maybe some increased physics detail from Cell could present aswel.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Well apart from the control method id say squat. Well ok, maybe the AA COULD be higher on the PC depending on the GPU.

Other than that, i expect a rock solid 60fps on PS3, after all an unoptomised build was managing 49FPS. Maybe some increased physics detail from Cell could present aswel.

I agree with your thoughts on AA, but not with framerate

the 49 number came without info, without settings, withouts models at same time, AA infos

it cames from dev kit a bit different from what ps3 will be (if I remember right, the nvidia in DK have 256 bit mem), so it is very difficult to extend this number to something
any framerate between 40 and 60 fps will become 30 locked fps, if they will have framerate between 70-100 fps, for example, then the game will be 60 fps
but with what settings, how much and how big textures?

We don't know this at this time, one thing is sure, the game will be 30 fps locked or 60 ;)
(of course, this is the only thing that we can say)

RedBlackDevil said:
I agree with your thoughts on AA, but not with framerate

the 49 number came without info, without settings, withouts models at same time, AA infos

it cames from dev kit a bit different from what ps3 will be (if I remember right, the nvidia in DK have 256 bit mem), so it is very difficult to extend this number to something
any framerate between 40 and 60 fps will become 30 locked fps, if they will have framerate between 70-100 fps, for example, then the game will be 60 fps
but with what settings, how much and how big textures?

We don't know this at this time, one thing is sure, the game will be 30 fps locked or 60 ;)
(of course, this is the only thing that we can say)

True but do bear in mind it can be run at medieum settings at playable frame rates on a nvidia 6600 class GPU. Im sure there's an interview with EPIC were they said its with EVERYTHING on max. I dont see any reason why a closed box system as fast as PS3 could not run the game at max setting at a locked 60fps.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:

Depending on the GPU, I think you'll certainly have more/better AA and AF options. And obviously the potential for higher resolution, with really good cards upon its release. I think it's also quite plausible that Epic will release a texture pack to take advantage of cards with a lot of memory, although the visual benefit of that may be questionable.

I think Epic has also suggested already that texture resolution may have to be curtailed on the consoles vs PCs, with UE3, but how much you'd notice that at the given resolution is also questionable.

Of course, PS3 has the advantage of a closed box on its side.

Titanio said:
Depending on the GPU, I think you'll certainly have more/better AA and AF options. And obviously the potential for higher resolution, with really good cards upon its release. I think it's also quite plausible that Epic will release a texture pack to take advantage of cards with a lot of memory, although the visual benefit of that may be questionable.

I think Epic has also suggested already that texture resolution may have to be curtailed on the consoles vs PCs, with UE3, but how much you'd notice that at the given resolution is also questionable.

Of course, PS3 has the advantage of a closed box on its side.

That is indeed on the UE3.0 tech page on the website, BUT that coment was there way before the Next gen console's were even annouced.Let alone how much memory they would come with.

True. We'll see.

I think the best way to max out everything will be to use a PC with a top-end graphics card, and a physx chip, though, ultimately. But for its resolution, I think the PS3 version will look very similar, and maybe have a better "worst case" framerate, or more consistent framerate as per Rein's comment.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
That is indeed on the UE3.0 tech page on the website, BUT that coment was there way before the Next gen console's were even annouced.Let alone how much memory they would come with.

Yeah, and up until sometime 2005, X360 was to have "256+" MB of RAM.

Half a gig of memory and background streaming should be enough to produce visuals at least as good as a PC with 2 gigs of RAM and a 256MB video card could do.

pc version might look better as during thier recent exhibition of UE3, they had UT2K7 running on a Quad-SLI 7800 GTX (4 7800 GTX)

basanti said:
pc version might look better as during thier recent exhibition of UE3, they had UT2K7 running on a Quad-SLI 7800 GTX (4 7800 GTX)

I'm not sure as you are
closed platforms have always better performances, and sli is not a perfect multiplier
maybe 4 gpu (remember that 2 gpu are in a single board, they share memory access) will perform 2-3x the single card, is that enought to fill the gap with the closed, optimized platform, cell spu, memexport, core locking?

I'm not sure, maybe yes, maybe not
personally I think that a quad sli can run the game at higher resolutions, but at the HD resolution I really don't know if the pc will have the more stable performances

Back