Using an electronic device from one country to another

Twinkie

Regular
Ok here is the deal. Im in New York right now and the prices on the LCD (dell 2007Fp) i wanted to buy is alot cheaper than where i normally buy it from (New Zealand). Also im interested in buying a cheap graphics card (AGP) and a logitech G7 mouse.

However the problem is that the voltage is different in NZ (220V AC) and USA (110V AC). So i want to know if this could be avoided. Do i need to go buy a tranformer for the LCD, or is it better off buying the LCD in New Zealand, or somehow ask dell for a specific order?

Does this apply to other electronic devices related to the PC? e.g graphics card? Im sure most power supplies has a voltage switch but im not too sure.

The logitech G7 mouse is powered from the a USb connected charging station. Do i need to worry about the voltage difference? or should i go buy it with no worries in mind? Its really cheaper than what im normally accustomed to.

Thanks in advance.

Ok here is the deal. Im in New York right now and the prices on the LCD (dell 2007Fp) i wanted to buy is alot cheaper than where i normally buy it from (New Zealand). Also im interested in buying a cheap graphics card (AGP) and a logitech G7 mouse.

However the problem is that the voltage is different in NZ (220V AC) and USA (110V AC). So i want to know if this could be avoided. Do i need to go buy a tranformer for the LCD, or is it better off buying the LCD in New Zealand, or somehow ask dell for a specific order?

Does this apply to other electronic devices related to the PC? e.g graphics card? Im sure most power supplies has a voltage switch but im not too sure.

The logitech G7 mouse is powered from the a USb connected charging station. Do i need to worry about the voltage difference? or should i go buy it with no worries in mind? Its really cheaper than what im normally accustomed to.

Thanks in advance.

A step-down transformer should run about $40. Dell probably has a 220V model.
No on the USB. Once past your power supply the internal components are all controlled by DC regulators including USB.

The UltraSharp 2007FP has a switching internal PSU that takes 100-240V (AC, 50-60Hz), so it should work wherever with an appropriate 3-pong (grounded) power cable.

The logitech G7 mouse is powered from the a USb connected charging station.
i wouldn't count on that. The logitech rechargealbe mice I've seen have been powered by a wall-wart. I would doublecheck if I were you thaty the mouse indeed charges via USB because if not you're just creating a hassle for yourself.

Peace.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Yea, i did check on the charging station of the G7. Since i owe a MX700, the charging station has changed to just a simple USB charger instead of the wall wart.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Thanks in advance.

Kia Ora Twinki

Anything which is taking its power supply from the computer rather than your house/office mains power supply, should be totally indifferant to local power supply charactoristics.

http://www.airchathams.com/

http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/chatham-islands/

http://www.redbarent.com/cooks-overview.htm

http://www.cook-islands.com/

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back