URGENT HELP with jpeg

leugeboy

Newcomer
hello,

I purchased a CD from a professional photographer that I paid ridicilous money for an when I got the cd it was a photo album and I couldnt even do anything with the photos!!..That I paid for!

It has come as a 'flipalbum cd' and the files are jpeg but are also named 'opf' files.

Is there anyway of plucking out the photos so I can at least make my own slide show or print them?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

i would if he didnt want paying silly money for them even after i have forked out a few hundred pound for the sitting and then the CD. I understand copyrighting is important but when you hand out a few hundred pound you expect that you can do something with the material purchased

Are you sure the native jpgs aren't hiding somewhere on the CD? I've gotten "photo album" CDs before and had to find the originals in some burried directory.

Are you sure the native jpgs aren't hiding somewhere on the CD? I've gotten "photo album" CDs before and had to find the originals in some burried directory.

With the disk in the drive... open My Computer, right-click on your CD/DVD drive and choose "explore".

When the new window opens, hit F3 to search the CD/DVD drive. Search "all files and folders", and use the search string *.jpg

This should pull up any jpeg's that are hiding on the disk. Then just CTRL+A to select them all, then copy and paste them wherever you want.

hello,

I purchased a CD from a professional photographer that I paid ridicilous money for an when I got the cd it was a photo album and I couldnt even do anything with the photos!!..That I paid for!

It has come as a 'flipalbum cd' and the files are jpeg but are also named 'opf' files.

I guess that OPF refers to http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/opf

Perhaps one of the file conversion tools in the recent "Free software" thread might be able to convert them. FWIW I just checked gimp and couldn't see a mention of it. :(

It might be worth looking at the files in a hex editor to see if they are jpegs embedded in another file.

Get a hex editor such as hex workshop (they do an evaluation version that you can download)
Open up a file and search for the hex value ffd8ffe0, this is the star of image marker in a jpeg file, two bytes after this there should be a string JFIF. If you find this then it is indeed a jpeg wrapped in another file format and we should be able to pull the jpeg out.

CC

Back