Upgrading a Compaq Presario 5320US

mkillio

Regular
My friend has this computer and he got a new graphics card for it but the psu can't handle it so he got a new one but it doesn't fit the "special" compaq mobo. I'm having the hardest time finding him a new mobo. Where can we find one?

what do you mean doesn't fit? can you post a picture (or product link) to the PSU and a picture of the mobo?

mkillio said:
My friend has this computer and he got a new graphics card for it but the psu can't handle it so he got a new one but it doesn't fit the "special" compaq mobo. I'm having the hardest time finding him a new mobo. Where can we find one?
Uhm, if the graphics card "doesn't fit" there is something wrong....did you get an AGP or PCIe graphics card?

The Power supply doesn't fit, the Compaq mobo requires more connectors then the new Power Supply has to offer. My friend says that he has to purchase a special power supply to fit the motherboard, I just took his word on it.

mkillio said:
The Power supply doesn't fit, the Compaq mobo requires more connectors then the new Power Supply has to offer. My friend says that he has to purchase a special power supply to fit the motherboard, I just took his word on it.
20 to 24 pin adapter cable. ;)

I just talked to my friend and he said he had already tried the converter and that it didn't work . He called both Compaq and the company that makes the PSU and that they do something different that makes them incompatible.

Back