Uncharted for NGP*

Another thing never liked with the PSP is that Sony is constantly releasing newer models with added functionality. I feel like I should be able to buy one at any time, and everything that is released for it throughout it's lifetime should work for it. Now I feel like I'm being punished for having bought the original 1000 model.

What does not work for your 1000?

TV out comes to mind. But I think it's more frustrating to see interesting PSP services/content in other regions but not in US.

Another thing never liked with the PSP is that Sony is constantly releasing newer models with added functionality. I feel like I should be able to buy one at any time, and everything that is released for it throughout it's lifetime should work for it. Now I feel like I'm being punished for having bought the original 1000 model.

Nintendo did the same with the DS. Multiple revisions with added features..

That happens with most electronics. New models come out that do more, for less. Except perhaps the PS3, which does less, for less..

Dont' want to be off topic, but i see a lot of potential with future LBP titles by utilize the built-in camera and touch screen. Not just creation but gameplay.

What does not work for your 1000?

I remember Resistance Retribution having some PS3 connectivity that wouldn't work on it. Every model got a few new features. And then there is the PSPgo.

Even if this is considered normale for a handheld device, I don't like it. Certainly not as often as they did with the PSP.

I remember Resistance Retribution having some PS3 connectivity that wouldn't work on it. Every model got a few new features. And then there is the PSPgo.

Even if this is considered normale for a handheld device, I don't like it. Certainly not as often as they did with the PSP.

There is also Skype, that doesn't work on the original PSP1k which doesn't have a microphone in the first place, but adding a USB camera or the Socom headset still doesn't enable Skype - probably the memory difference is too big. The PSP1k has 32MB of memory, the later versions got 64MB which of course benefitted stuff like the browser also and was partly used also as a cache to improve UMD load-times.

The differences aren't big though overall - I've always only had a 1k myself (I have a launch Japanese unit and a white 1004 or something like that, bought in a Daxter pack as I wanted to keep one CFW enabled and one for games. They're both running the latest official firmware now though, as buying PSP games off of PSN now allows me to run them on both and that's a big plus).

Back