Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

Why's it only £50 (and £42 in some places)? That's cheaper than most AAA game yet cost to make must be extravagant. Is this deferring costs to DLC as part of the financial management, because £60-70 is too high for first day sales?

Why's it only £50 (and £42 in some places)? That's cheaper than most AAA game yet cost to make must be extravagant. Is this deferring costs to DLC as part of the financial management, because £60-70 is too high for first day sales?

It is only 59,99 euros here some AAA games are 69,99 euros... Great price and in an interview a Sont executives said it is the most expensive Sony first party comparable to AAA 3rd party games budget...

This is sony's show-off moment. They want every videogame player in the world to play this and register "this is play station". They'd give the game out for free if they could.

I suppose relative profit margins are higher on first party titles so they can compete on price. Doesn't that count as anticompetitive behaviour?
Thats dumping - if Sony were charging £5 you'd have a point but what is the market value of a game? Fallout 4 cost me £49.99 and the Witcher 3 was £46.99 - both PSN UK day one cost. It's the likes of EA, Activision and Ubisoft that have you thinking that £50 for a AAA game is cheap.

He says, not having a PS4 and not playing UC4 and trying to distract everyone else from having their fun...
It's good :yes: It's really gooooood :mrgreen:

I suppose relative profit margins are higher on first party titles so they can compete on price. Doesn't that count as anticompetitive behaviour? He says, not having a PS4 and not playing UC4 and trying to distract everyone else from having their fun...

While they're few and far between, there have been quite a few exceptions to the 70€ rule in the 3rd party realm as well.

sharpness test:

Photo-Mode Sharpness: 0
xLa1uF.png

Photo-Mode Sharpness: -100
T9D8kk.png

Realtime
KONz6j.png

As you can see sharpness -100 isn't correct either when compared to gameplay.
left: -100, right: realtime
pyB5BD.png

I'll experiment more later with it to see if i can find a comparable sharpness value.

Indeed. Anyone intending to play the game later should avoid this thread. That also means me, meaning I can't really come here to moderate...
People should be using the spoiler tags. If not, suspend them. It'll give them more time to play! :yep2:

Me either ... ! Should be able to start playing today or tomorrow hopefully.

The game is easily the best Uncharted for me. But not as good as TLOU. Which is the usual opinion anyways. Gunplay feels really good and the input lag is good for a 30fps game. I think even better than in the previous 30fps Uncharteds (I could be wrong, just feels like that).

I agree with @VFX_Veteran the rope feels really good. And generally the character controls very well and in a very intuitive way. They put a lot of love into this. Again, one of the best among the videogame industry, a new reference that many others multi-millions sellers should follow...

The characters models and animation are the best among the industry. Never seen this before in a videogame (during gameplay, as usual I don't care about cutscenes positive stuff). They also added a physics aspect of many different things (small or not) in the world, feels really good.

I wish they would include a grain filter toggle. That bothers me more than the sharpening filter. It would improve the clarity hence reducing the need for an artificial sharpening filter...

The camera acceleration is still bothering me, even if they have improved the settings compared to the multiplayer. Still too much artificial (and unnecessary) inertia. And it's rather difficult to move the camera at a moderate speed, it's either too slow or too fast.

The enemies still need too much bullets to go down. Several bullets on the upper body, on an non-armored enemy, and the guy still move and shoot you undisturbed by his wounds?

Also I find the melee parts quite a chore to play. It's not as bad as in UC3, but feel not as good as in TLOU, which is a shame and again, uselessly simplistic. It's like they absolutely wanted to follow the Uncharted way of doing the melee because reasons.

But don't be fooled by my negative remarks. This is really an incredibly well done game that everybody should play.

Yeah i agree about the melee, it feels like a step back in comparison to TLOU but it's much better than previous Uncharted games (the camera movement is really good). I really like the animation blend in during shootouts and melee, looks so natural switching from one animation to another.

the melee is a step up for me, almost make me want a street of rage game from ND. Its a step back from LOU is because there is no melee weapons.

Back