UFO sighting at O'hare

newpost.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070102/ap_on_fe_st/o_hare_ufo_sighting

This sort of thing normally would not be worth posting, but this comment was really funny to me:

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable"

That comment was made by a controller who was trying to mock it.

I think it's a shame they don't give these people the courtesy of an investigation. It's not one or two people, and its not untrained observers. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. As in "I don't know wtf that was, but it wasn't the usual." If multiple people who are trained to deal with the typical flying objects on a daily basis report that, do they really deserve to be mocked as believing in little green men from Beta Antares or some damn place? Why not just ask them why they hate America?

That comment was made by a controller who was trying to mock it.

I think it's a shame they don't give these people the courtesy of an investigation. It's not one or two people, and its not untrained observers. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. As in "I don't know wtf that was, but it wasn't the usual." If multiple people who are trained to deal with the typical flying objects on a daily basis report that, do they really deserve to be mocked as believing in little green men from Beta Antares or some damn place? Why not just ask them why they hate America?

Agreed...I find it quite funny the ignorance prevelent from people who think they understand everything in the universe. It's kinda like naysayers who don't believe in ghosts but when they see one it suddenly becomes real.

Haha funny you should make this post. On my way up the elevator today to my office, the television in the elevator displayed this news bit. As I was reading it, it began talking about Buick sales.

I then realized the bit had changed....

Back