UBIsoft in potential financial trouble

Ubi have a game store a bit like steam so what have they done to ensure that if they do go bankrupt everyone will still be able to access their games - My guess is bugger all....

About Odyssey, if you don't approach it in the "right" way you will most likely avoid the main plot line and just explore the map itself and not experience the story line.

It took me 200h playing it like Origin and I was completely dead locked at the Medusa mission. Had to load a backup before that mission and changed my approach completely. That changed the game experience dramatically.

I really enjoyed the emotional plot of the main character and experiencing certain greek characters, myths and gods which requires *all* DLCs. It's not that different to the Origins DLC story framework.

That might have been part of it.

I hadnt even reflected on the controls in FC4 vs FC5. Outposts in FC3 and FC4 seemed so well crafted and well balanced, in 5 and 6 it was like they just put up some buildings and enemies without any thought.

Odyssey was I game I really wanted to like but I didnt. What did you like about it?
Well I love everything about greece. Ancient history, gods, mythology, places, historical people, philosophy.

Well I love everything about greece. Ancient history, gods, mythology, places, historical people, philosophy.

That helps of course. One thing I didnt like about Odyssey compared to other AC games was the artstyle. Other AC games have a photorealistic style when it comes to buildings and cities etc. In Odyssey they went for a more "gamy" or stylized look. That was a big reason why I didnt like it. I didnt get the feeling that I was transported to a historic setting. It didnt look like they hade spent as much time builing the cities, they all looked the same.

The Digital Foundry clip where they are taking about the delay of Shadows is hilarious. Reminds me of the south park episode about the tiger woods thing.

What does that even mean? Had they known it was woke, they would have avoided it? If people bought SM2 with SM2 being woke, doesn't that mean gamers don't care about games being 'woke' so long as they are good games? Or now they know Sony games are woke after the awful wokeness they experienced at the hands of SM2, gamers are going to avoid future Insomniac games because of their wokeness?

I can only speak for myself, but I skipped LOU2 after the leaks, I wont be buying Alan Wake 2 after Sagas racist rant, and Im much more sceptical about future Insomniac games after Spiderman 2.

That helps of course. One thing I didnt like about Odyssey compared to other AC games was the artstyle. Other AC games have a photorealistic style when it comes to buildings and cities etc. In Odyssey they went for a more "gamy" or stylized look. That was a big reason why I didnt like it. I didnt get the feeling that I was transported to a historic setting. It didnt look like they hade spent as much time builing the cities, they all looked the same.
Sparta looks different to Athens. Sea-Ship-Building/Pirate villages look different. Some "historic" places also look a lot different due to their function/theme. One village had all the god statues for praying and grave sights for instance. One was about healing. Then there is Atlantis/Underworld/Elysium which looks completely different. The style changed a lot based on the locations/climates.

The game is so huge I'm really wondering what you've actually seen.

Sparta looks different to Athens. Sea-Ship-Building/Pirate villages look different. Some "historic" places also look a lot different due to their function/theme. One village had all the god statues for praying and grave sights for instance. One was about healing. Then there is Atlantis/Underworld/Elysium which looks completely different. The style changed a lot based on the locations/climates.

There were like 3 or 4 art sets/regions. Every area/city in a given region was basically interchangeable.

Last edited:

It was like I almost every place of the map looked the same. I havent played it in a while, so I cant give exampels. It was the impression I had back then. Also the artstyle was very different from other ac games. I never got the sense I was in a real city, they looked like cities from a stylized video game.

I can only speak for myself, but I skipped LOU2 after the leaks, I wont be buying Alan Wake 2 after Sagas racist rant, and Im much more sceptical about future Insomniac games after Spiderman 2.
TLOU1 was perfect and you are right to skip TLOU2. I was very disappointed by the story. I really couldn't care less about the agenda / religion been pushed in that game, as long as the game was great and I could still have my favorite characters living, lying and surviving into that incredible World. Unfortunately I now realize trying to push an agenda greatly impacted the story of TLOU2 which is not what it should have been.

Gameplay, graphics (those animations...) and controls were great in TLOU2 so I enjoyed those but the story was bad and a huge stepdown. I won't buy TLOU3.

Back