Transformers - Robots in Disguise

dukmahsik said:
"soundwave superior insecticons inferior"

If you're quoting from the movie, it was "Soundwave superior, Constructicons inferior". Yes, I have seen the movie that many times. ;)

Guden Oden said:
I wonder why spielberg's lost all his courage these days. In his youth, his movies were pretty daring.

Jaws, close encounters, empire of the rising sun and so on were a lot grittier than almost anything he's made in the last ten years. Well, war of the worlds was pretty gritty, but I guess you'd like to point at the screaming 11yo girl in it, so I don't know how well that one works as an example... ;)
Minority Report? AI? Considering how many people absolutely hated AI, I'd say he's still making "daring" movies, just not in the way you'd expect.

The Baron said:
Minority Report? AI? Considering how many people absolutely hated AI, I'd say he's still making "daring" movies, just not in the way you'd expect.

Minorty Report was cool, but A.I. c'mon - that was a cop-out.

A.I. was crap, the ending especially so.

The fact that the kid stayed staring at the fairy (I think?) until he shut down just proved he was a (very stupid) machine and not human whatsoever.

I quite enjoyed Minority Report which didn't have too many glaring flaws - quite unusual in SF movies.

Mariner said:
A.I. was crap, the ending especially so.

The fact that the kid stayed staring at the fairy (I think?) until he shut down just proved he was a (very stupid) machine and not human whatsoever.
Ditto. But the idea was supposed to be that he didn't learn what it was to be human until afterwards...still a crappy movie.

I quite enjoyed Minority Report which didn't have too many glaring flaws - quite unusual in SF movies.
Really enjoyed it myself :) I think some people were put off by the precogs...but oh, well.

Back