Transformers - Robots in Disguise

_xxx_ said:
You mean those who indeed realized that they have to duck and crouch when shot on?

Sure. :LOL:
Duck behind what? A sand castle left by a passing child? (who had, no doubt, jumped the barbedwire and dodged any land mines?)

No, I think the only option was to run like hell and pray.

Schindler's List wasn't all that "cutesy" either, IIRC. Band of Brother is superb - must have watched it about ten times.

Hopefully this movie will do the original series justice (or rather, the very special memory so many of us dorks have of it). I think Michael Bay is a good choice to direct.

From that interview it really does sound awesome, if a little derivative. I think it can afford to be though - they always have the giant-transforming-robots thing to pull it back into the realm of awesomeness. The dialogue/plot will be awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon F said:
No, I think the only option was to run like hell and pray.

Well there was the opposite direction, too. And you can run and duck simultaneously as well.

I mean, I actually can't at all believe that those people were such sheeple to do it in the first place. Though I guess the soldiers didn't have a slightest idea what awaits them, as always...

_xxx_ said:
I mean, I actually can't at all believe that those people were such sheeple to do it in the first place.

Yeah why bother opposing Hitler? Everyone should have just welcomed him and his armies with open arms...

Though I guess the soldiers didn't have a slightest idea what awaits them, as always...

Well it is quite close to England, and I'm sure youve heard about the weather over here. Slightly put off the air support - they had to bomb from instuments only and kind of missed all the targets :???: Still they won the battle.

And back OT. I really hope the Transformers movie turns out well, I have a feeling it might just turn out too cheesy though.

The opening scene of the Normandy landings shows a landing craft lowering its front ramp right in front of a German machine-gun nest. The first five soldiers in that craft are killed pretty much instantly. The rear members of the squad exit the craft over the sides. Several die as a result of the weight of their gear (drowned), and several more are killed from bullets entering the water. This is before you reach the beach, where you now have to drag yourself and water/sand-logged gear across an open and flat expanse under heavy machine gun fire...

There was a reason why the Omaha beach landing (as portrayed in the movie) was one of the bloodiest of D-Day.

Jabbah said:
Yeah why bother opposing Hitler? Everyone should have just welcomed him and his armies with open arms...

That's not what I was talking about. Germans were even worse sheeple in the WW2, otherwise all the bad stuff wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Ok, sorry for derailing the thread, I'll stop now.

---------------------

Wasn't there a fairly new CG Transformers series as well? I kinda remember something of the kind...

_xxx_ said:
That's not what I was talking about. Germans were even worse sheeple in the WW2, otherwise all the bad stuff wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Ok, sorry for derailing the thread, I'll stop now.

---------------------

Wasn't there a fairly new CG Transformers series as well? I kinda remember something of the kind...
Beast Wars? Its a few years old

Beast Wars was pretty good until the new megatron screwed up history and the autobots became...weirdos. Meanwhile, the graphics got upgraded heavily.

Hey... that's almost like the situation with games :!:

MuFu said:
How about Alien vs. Predator vs. Transformers vs. Gummi Bears?
No chance sadly as it's clearly going to be a very one sided battle - those Gummi Bears'll kick their feckin' asses.

Hanners said:
I was looking forward to this until they started talking about changing all the character designs to modernise them all (i.e. Soundwave "can't be a cassette player" now). Don't mess with my childhood damn you!!

I've never really understood Soundwave. The robot dog that the ejected cassette turns into should be tiny, but in the cartoon the dog is huge.

I think it's pretty cool that Hollywood is seriously starting to make movies based on cartoons and videogames now which is a nice complement to the comic based movies.

I think Robotech should be on the short list of cartoon to movie franchises. George Lucas, James Cameron, or Spielberg would do...hell throw in Ang Lee too.:devilish:

Neeyik said:
No chance sadly as it's clearly going to be a very one sided battle - those Gummi Bears'll kick their feckin' asses.
Only to find themselves overwhelmed by the tactical superiority of the Smurfs. :devilish:

thehulk said:
Only to find themselves overwhelmed by the tactical superiority of the Smurfs. :devilish:
Pffff Rainbow Bride will destroy the whole universe by using her rainbow super special powers to cover everything under complete rainbowness

Not if the Mighty Hercules has anything to say about it!

The Mighty Hercules....softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs!

(or something like that)

Back