Toshiba Cell demo @ CEATEC JAPAN 2005

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
At CEATEC JAPAN 2005, along with HD-DVD, Toshiba demonstrated their Cell Reference Set.

ASCII24 report
http://ascii24.com/news/i/topi/article/2005/10/04/658353-000.html

Toshiba brought 2 demos for this Cell devkit, well-known 48 MPEG2 streams playback and the new "Digital Kagami Type F" (digital mirror type F) demo. This new image-based rendering demo converts user's face into polygons and applies makeup to it by texture-mapping, template-matching and motion prediction by matrix calculation, and makes it into 720x480@30fps in realtime, on a half-mirror. Here's a news movie including this demo, ring-shaped bone-conduction phone, bicycle robot, SED, HD-DVD, and Blu-ray (direct link to 56k | 300k).

toshiba_cell01.JPG

toshiba_cell02.JPG

2005_ToshibaCell_Eclipse01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL the make up thing is COOL! :D With Hair too!!!

I can see lots of uses in beauty salons! to try lots of hairstyles on someone's face to see how it looks before actually doing it for real!

Gholbine said:
What's your point?

I asked a question and it was answered, now I'm doing the same in this thread. If you can't answer it, why respond to it? You talk like I have an agenda or something.

Yeah i don't get what he's trying to say either...

Gholbine said:
What's your point?

I asked a question and it was answered, now I'm doing the same in this thread. If you can't answer it, why respond to it? You talk like I have an agenda or something.

Oh lighten up, it was just a tongue in cheek comment. The perspective in that shot makes the board look big. I was emphasising that you're not having much luck with it. It looks to be around Full AT dimensions.

he is just saying you are a dumb ass fuck and you cant tell the difference between a motherboard and a cpu and definitly have a problem with dimension and sizes

don't take it personal, thats why I understand of it :D

Worked for me. Nothing major really. The only cool thing is the realtime make-up/hairstyle eyetoy-kind of software. Very cool.

london-boy said:
Worked for me. Nothing major really. The only cool thing is the realtime make-up/hairstyle eyetoy-kind of software. Very cool.

Did you use WMP or opened it with some other player?

Pretty cool make-up thing. If they can make it cheap enough they could sell a tonne of these., not just to beauty clinics but opticians.

two said:
I can´t see the video :(

How about this?
mms://news.cdn.bcast.co.jp/yahoo/news/20051004/fnn/20051004-00000273-fnn-bus_all-movie-001-300k-00.wmv

Back