Toshiba Cell demo @ CEATEC JAPAN 2005

avaya said:
Pretty cool make-up thing. If they can make it cheap enough they could sell a tonne of these., not just to beauty clinics but opticians.
Totally, the thing has a whole lot of potential for shopping centres all over the world. Make up, Hair stylists, opticians, jewellers, plastic surgeons (Big money there, to be able to show what your face/nose/lips/whatever will look like after the surgery, just by standing in front of a camera and let the software change some of your features in realtime).

Good job Toshiba! :D

avaya said:
Pretty cool make-up thing. If they can make it cheap enough they could sell a tonne of these., not just to beauty clinics but opticians.

Wow, now i can actually change the dangle thing down /there... :)

LondonBoy is going too love this tech, hehe....

maybe we will see nextgames with this kind of fun inside
combined with a nextgen eyetoy

overclocked said:
Wow, now i can actually change the dangle thing down /there... :)

LondonBoy is going too love this tech, hehe....
I'll be the first in line!!

There is SO much potential in this tech that i think it could very well become a household classic very quickly, especially with women and queens. They just need a catchy name - preferably that doesn't start with "i" - and they're set.
:D

london-boy said:
I'll be the first in line!!

There is SO much potential in this tech that i think it could very well become a household classic very quickly, especially with women and queens. They just need a catchy name - preferably that doesn't start with "i" - and they're set.

Hehe i think were worth some rep points for actually bringing some humour to this, well...
WARZONE-forum!

overclocked said:
You got mine atleast..

We need some humour around here...

I have another use for this tech!

... Halloween! If there are templates on the system, one can choose the "theme" he wants and buy his costume/make up according to that. Also they might add something that kind of lets you "draw" over the lines, to make it easier (kind of like when you're drawing something when you already have the "setup" lines, you just need to follow the lines, makes it easier)

And tattoos! Though one would need a whole body view. Just try whatever drawing wherever you choose and see how it looks like.

MAN Toshiba should employ me!

london-boy said:
And tattoos! Though one would need a whole body view. Just try whatever drawing wherever you choose and see how it looks like.

lol...I think once I start using "whole body views" with this technology...i'll get a little TO curious.

*Fires up Image Manipulator
*Takes off cloths
*Manipulates something

HA! She won't laugh now!

>.>

How's about combining this tech with a photo booth so you can fix up your hair/makeup/smile without having to do all that in real life. And video conferencing goes through a Cell filter so though you've just got out of bed in the afternoon when the boss phones, he/she sees a well groomed and dressed employee obviously busy working from home.

london-boy said:
Hell she will laugh (or cry?) when she sees the real one! You know, she might like the virtual one on the screen, but she needs the real one!! :LOL:

:LOL:

I'll just whip it out and say...

"HEY, Is that a Mirror!!!!???!?!?11"

She'll look and see me in all my manliness and Cooh at me. When she tries to turn around i'll just keep her looking above my belt line.

Its full freakin proof!!!!11 The PS3 will bring me teh sex!

Shifty Geezer said:
How's about combining this tech with a photo booth so you can fix up your hair/makeup/smile without having to do all that in real life. And video conferencing goes through a Cell filter so though you've just got out of bed in the afternoon when the boss phones, he/she sees a well groomed and dressed employee obviously busy working from home.

LOL. Thats a great Idea. Its scary though. Imagine chatting online and you meet some cute girl....but its actually a 56 Year old ex convict that has a taste for supple 19 year olds boys :oops:. Scary thing...that would probably happen.

In all seriousness though, this technology is something that would make me think of TimeCop or something (sorry about the movie choice). Its so cool seeing things such as that and I can't wait to see what good can come out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty Geezer said:
LOL that's a great idea! Always look presentable!!! Obviously that will just create more excuses for trashy lazy people to avoid washing/combing/shaving/other things!!

Eclipse + CDT :)

BE-CDT == Broadband Engine CDT?

I have to wonder if that's part of the PS3 dev kit ...

Shifty Geezer said:
Well, there goes the last reason to wear clothes at home. ;)

Kalin said:
Eclipse + CDT :)

BE-CDT == Broadband Engine CDT?

I have to wander if that's part of the PS3 dev kit ...

That's what I noticed too... If they get a rock solid dev environment going built around eclipse, I will be a very very happy man. I just hope they've made some improvements to the CDT. It's pathetically slow when compiling large projects and I miss a lot of the features that are present on the java side but missing in the CDT.

Still, that's more exciting to me than the makeup stuff.

Edit: I noticed BE-GDB too. Are we getting a full opensource suite for PS3 (or atleast cell) dev?

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
That's what I noticed too... If they get a rock solid dev environment going built around eclipse, I will be a very very happy man. I just hope they've made some improvements to the CDT. It's pathetically slow when compiling large projects and I miss a lot of the features that are present on the java side but missing in the CDT.

Still, that's more exciting to me than the makeup stuff.

Nite_Hawk

I doubt this relates to the PS3 dev kit at all. Last I heard Sony wasn't including any IBM IDE, or stuff like Eclipse, with the PS3 kit.

Back