Thunderbird

Althornin

Senior Lurker
Veteran
Does anyone else use thunderbird?
If so, is it just me, or does the message search just plain not work?
View the attached pic and imagine my frustration...
Or if it works for you, offer advice and solutions!
mozilla%20shit%20search.JPG

I use Thunderbird, I've never tried the search feature. (I never knew there WAS a search feature, gads all the time I've spent searching thru all my mail accounts for something!!! :oops: )

using 0.9 or 0.8?

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that searching was broken in 0.8. Dunno if it got fixed in 0.9 though.

0.9 seems fine, though I've barely used it, so I can't really tell. It's the first time using thunderbird, because I refused to go through any significant effort porting over my mail and addresses, the latter versions didn't provide mozilla import utilities.

Saem said:
0.9 seems fine, though I've barely used it, so I can't really tell. It's the first time using thunderbird, because I refused to go through any significant effort porting over my mail and addresses, the latter versions didn't provide mozilla import utilities.
Uhm, can I upgrade my 0.7 thunderbird to the latest release without a painful and nasty porting?

I've been putting it off 'cause I didn't know. I'm only two months into my switch to Firebird since I was too lazy of switching over. :oops:

Digi,

If I remember the procedure correctly, you uninstall your current install of thunderbird. Then you install the new version, it'll read your old email, addresses and various preferences.

Double check on the mozilla web page, but this is what I remember.

Yeah, uninstall everything, the install the new one and fertig...

BTW, the search feature does work for me... you could try also use the search bar in the main window to see if it works from there

Edit: Ooops, just realised the search bar on the main window filters only by subject or sender... :oops:

btw,i keep
C:/Doc and Settings/ ____ / Application Data / Mozilla
C:/Doc and Settings/ ____ / Application Data / Thunderbird

as backup on D: drive. in case something weird happens.(which it did). i also export my FF bookmarks to backup folder on D:

better sfae then sorry....

silence said:
btw,i keep

as backup on D: drive. in case something weird happens.(which it did). i also export my FF bookmarks to backup folder on D:

Ok, with that being done I feel safe about trying to upgrade it later. 8)

Thanks all! :D

silence said:
btw,i keep

THose are under your /Application Data/Mozilla dir...

Can thunderbird synchronize hotmail accounts? That would be the only reason for me to keep using OE, in case TB can't do this.

Back