The Sinking City [PS,XB,PC]

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
A couple of weeks back I felt like trying this game after watching it on the TouYube. I found there is a PS5 release that runs 4K60 and is somewhat enhanced in general. I have completed the game now and it was pretty solid compared to what I've read about the original release. The PS5 release does indeed run 60 fps almost without exception and load times are nearly non-existent. It did crash once but it seems like console games crashing is a pretty common thing now. I didn't come across any quest breaker bugs or anything more than some typical open world street NPC goofiness.

I thought the game world felt a little too prefabricated with just set dressing changes. There is only a handful of interior layouts. The open world city has some problems like Dr West signs on every street (Herbert West must run a terrifying franchise lmao). The investigative quest work was fun, if simplistic. Combat was ok but repetitive. It was a fairly interesting story to work through though so I kept at it. But I think it was pretty obvious the developers wanted to make something bigger than they could manage.

Anyone else have some thoughts on the game?

Back